Friday, March 1, 2024

Three end of the month finishes (February)....................


First up is the Australian fabric 16 patch which I finished on Wednesday.  This is my all time favorite of all of the Australian fabric quilts I have made.  I love the wide border on it.  It ended up at 60" x 77".







The backing is also an Australian fabric which I was lucky to find on sale last year.

The batting is Hobbs 80/20.











Here is a closeup of the backing fabric.








I got a late start last night doing the binding on the two baby quilts.  This one is Donuts and 9 Patches and is 37" square.

The batting is Hobbs 80/20 and it is quilted with white thread top and bobbin in a loopy pattern.





The zebra print on the back was a clearance fabric I bought a few years ago.  The binding is a white and black stripe with the white stripe a little wider than the black one.






Spring Zig Zag is made with the same fabrics as the quilt above.  It is 33.5" x 40" and also has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it.







There was enough of the zebra print backing for this quilt too and I also used the same binding fabric.  This one has straight line quilting with white thread top and bobbin.

I'm glad I had all of those leftover blocks from a previous quilt to make these 2 little quilts.  

I'll work on my monthly recap for tomorrow's post and then I have to start making backings for all of the flannel quilts.

12 comments:

Nann said...

It's nice to see the three quilts displayed full-on. I have the Bush Tucker print (on the back) but the border print is unfamiliar. Here's to a sunshiny, productive March!

Sue said...

Your Australian quilt, with that awesome border fabric, is so beautiful. Congratulations on another quilt well done.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that border on that first one

Julierose said...

The border is just amazing on your 16-patch--totally changes up the vibe of your piece--Makes it super special, I think. Great choice, Wanda...I love it..

27 here this morning but moving on up to 37 at 10:30-ish..sunny; still cold winds off the ocean though...

Can't wait to see Candice's new home--going up tomorrow with 2 big gift quilts, one comforter, case of her favorite wine and all sorts of tools to help her hang blinds, put up computer tables, etc...should be a fun day...
Hugs, Julierose

Kristin said...

I love all 3 quilts! You found a perfect border fabric for the Australian quilt. And I love the zebra backing and B&W striped binding on the other 2, as well as the quilts - so cheery. You are a master of combining prints!

JJM said...

Australian quilt is just “EXUBERANT” with pizazz !

Your baby quilts are so very refreshing. And the delicate white ‘n black blocks complement the colorful prints so perfectly.

JJM

Agile Jack said...

That sixteen patch is so gorgeous! I'm so glad you shared the photo showing all of it. It makes me want to make one just like it!!! That border... holy cow.. SO GOOD!!!

Cathy said...

Congrats to you on some fabulous finishes!

Barbara Anne said...

Standing ovation and please take a bow!! Three quilts, glorious, cozy, and finished. You're amazing, Wanda!!

Hugs!

Connie said...

These are so lovely. I'm a big fan of your work :)

Vicki W said...

I just love how the border pattern works out on the Australian quilt! The baby quilts are really cute and it will be nice to have a little stash ready to go.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your Australian quilt is fabulous! Beautifully bright 16patch blocks are set of so well by the amazing Aussie border fabric.
Love it!