Sunday, March 10, 2024

Finished times 2..................


It's time for the official portraits and stats on 2 finishes.

Autumn Coneflower 2, made of batiks, finished at 62.5" x 78".  It has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it.  The binding is hand finished.






The backing is a burgandy with beige leaf outlines, a batik I bought many years ago, knowing I would make a quilt some day that would need it.  







The bright flannel quilt was made with many small yardage pieces and some large scraps.  The cats, splotchy multicolor, and monkeys are Laurel Burch designs.  This quilt finished at 53" x 71".  It has Hobbs 80/20 batting and a machine finished binding.





The backing, black with monkeys is also a Laurel Burch flannel.  I know I got it at a good sale price because I have enough of it for another backing.  I wouldn't have purchased that much at full price.







Last night I sewed the 9 patches from the prepared strips from last week.  There are 4 of each of these combinations.







Here are all of the 9 patches sewn so far.  A reminder, this is my in between project which I will pick up and work on when I have nothing else ready to sew.  I have enough 2" batiks strips cut to keep me busy for several months.  I will get these pressed and put into a project box.

 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Both finishes are so lovely--I really think that "Coneflower" is just beautiful! ;)))) The colors and blending are magnificent, Wanda!!
It makes me wish to be able to make large quilts once again.

I've come to realize that a lot of patterns only look great in a large format...I am struggling to find some "small format" ideas that "speak" to me...moving on as best I can...

42 here and clouded over still after raining last night--DH fixed (taped up!)
our window leak for the time being and it held...he was up 1/2 the night checking on it...
Hope your Sunday is a good one hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Those two finishes have given you a great start for a productive month.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

starting the month off good!

JJM said...

Autumn Coneflower 2 is stunning to say the least ~ your bright flannel with splashes of Laurel Birch is one happy/fun quilt. Both are absolutely ‘state of the art’ .

And to see your 9 patch production is always a treat to see.

JJM

P.S. time change ~ wish they would keep one or the other and forget about this back and forth change twice an every year.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, two great finishes. I especially love the colourwash effect happening with your Autumn Coneflower 2 quilt.

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful, bright, and happy quilts you've finished and, as usual, you're on a roll to the next quilt with those glorious 9 Patches. It's only March 10, too.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

Two beautiful finishes! I really like the dark binding on the flannel quilt. March is off to a great start.

Cherie Moore said...

Your remake of the coneflower quilt is stunning! The binding, the backing, everything is perfect for Autumn Coneflower 2.