Friday, March 29, 2024

Another quilt trimmed................


I decided to trim this Marcia Derse Stars quilt to prepare for binding so I could get it off my work table.  Once again black could be a choice for the binding but so could a shade of brown work on this one.



I tried several shades of brown and beige and this one is the best choice.  It had to be a piece that was at least 1/2 yard which eliminated some other choices.








I'm pretty sure this is the winner.  I had hoped I had more of the stripe in the second border but didn't see any in my 2 boxes of Marcia Derse fabric.

It was only 48 degrees yesterday but there was full sunshine so I did a little clean up in the back garden.  I cut off all of the old stalks of peony plants that I missed last fall.  Then I picked up twigs and branches that blew down with all of the wind we have had lately.  Yesterday was calm for a change.

I have all of the quarter blocks made for the Spa Quads quilt so I'll press the last batch and design the final layout today.


 

8 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Interesting in the first picture, the final border looks black but in the second & third ones, is blue. Lighting, cameras and display screens, all working to deceive the eye, lol.

patty a. said...

That beige fabric will make beautiful binding for that quilt! Much better than a darker color.

Julierose said...

Great job finishing the MD stars quilt borders...;)))
You must be a bit tired after that garden clean-up stint; be careful and rest up...
39 here and still cloudy for our trip to help my daughter finish up cleaning her apartment--and bring stuff to her new home...mostly removing blinds (Tom's job) and a bit of cleaning for me....
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

as soon as the yard dries up some more here I need to pick up more small branches that came down in the winter.
Love that border fabric

JJM said...

Another quilt racing to the finish line ~ Your borders on this quilt make such a perfect frame for your stars ~ and fun to see your options for the binding and as always you selected the best one.

JJM

Nann said...

I like the tan/brown (lighter), too. How nice to have this one at the finish line. Finally had a nice day for a forest preserve walk. Hope to repeat that again this afternoon.

Barbara Anne said...

Your choice of binding fabric is spot on for this quilt and well done for getting it a step closer to completion.

In the last 3 days, we got more than 2.5" of rain so it will have to be a lot less mushy outside before I start yard work. Perhaps the wind today will help dry it out.

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good choice on border fabric. Our temps broke 70 for the first time this year - sunshine and breezy. It was wonderful (except for all the yucky yellow green pollen).