Thursday, March 7, 2024

Finally some quilting........


I loaded my bright flannel quilt on the longarm after lunch yesterday and got it quilted.





I did freehand organic straight lines in both directions.  That means I quilted it one direction, unpinned it from the frame, turned it 45 degrees and re-pinned it on and did the lines for the other direction.  I got it trimmed last night so I'll look for a binding today.


I paired some batik strips and sewed the strip sets for a few more 9 patch blocks.  They need to be pressed before I cut them the other direction and make the blocks.


 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

That was a quick way to get this one quilted and it looks great!!')))
Rainy morning here with gusting winds--43 degrees. Pin basting my "Late Autumn" little wall hanging...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is about the only way I do machine quilting when I do it - but it might take longer because I don't have a long arm as some of you do.

Mary said...

Any time I'm able to complete quilting a project is a productive day in my book. Those are some very pretty fabrics you are pairing.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a cozy looking finished quilt! The batiks are downright gorgeous rich colors.

JJM said...

Your ‘Bright’ flannel quilt pulls me right in. Those prints add such a cheerful happiness to it. And the bit of backing I can see on your long arm is such a perfect piece.

And more 9 patch combinations to see. You’ve got such a good rhythm going on those.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What wonderful eye candy due to those happy, colorful fabrics! Enjoy!!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The quilted texture on your bright flannel is wonderful!

Patty said...

The flannel quilt will be so cozy quilted like that and even better after it gets washed.

Connie said...

Love those happy colors. Happy and comfy cozy flannel, great combo.