Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Binding started...........


Yesterday I chose my binding fabric for Autumn Coneflower 2, pressed the fabric and cut the strips.  Last night I sewed the binding on.










I just did the hand stitching on one corner so I could see how it is going to look.  I like it.

Also I got the long seam sewn in a flannel backing and trimmed the batting to the correct size so I might get it loaded on the longarm today.



Yesterday afternoon I went outside to check on my Lenten Roses.  You probably need to enlarge this photo to see the buds.  I haven't cleaned up any leaves yet but I will probably do this bed when we get another warm day.



I didn't load the photos to my computer until late last night so I didn't know this one was blurry.  This is on the middle plant that gets a little sunlight in the late afternoon.  They are planted on the north side of the house.







These are the buds on the third plant.  It was the only plant to bloom 2 years ago and last year it didn't bloom.  I looked at my photo from 2022 and the pink is just on the outside of the flower.  I will try to get some better photos when the flowers open.


 

8 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

That binding looks great! It’s exciting to see signs of sorting in the garden. We had a high of 70 or 71 yesterday.

Julierose said...

I just really love that binding fabric--great choice...
Your Lenten Roses have weathered the Winter storms so far really well...

It is 41 this morning early [I woke up very early today for some reason] and it appears that we are in for a long spate of rainy days starting today..
I am going out for an early walk to get fresh air before the "deluge"....

Pin basted my Spring Hugs&Kisses yesterday and am working on my Late August pinning today...
Hope you have fun stitching that binding down...hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

The first photo makes such a wonderful puddle of color. Some puddles outside today after overnight rains but it's supposed to clear up.

JJM said...

What a stunning binding you found for your “AC2” it complements the vivid autumn colored fabrics perfectly. And so fun to see the progress you are making on it.

Your Spring Lenten Rose is so beautifully delicate looking ~ I always wonder how they make it through the winter and blossom so early in cool spring weather. Although I see ‘on-line’ that Chicago area had the warmest winter in the 153 years of documenting temperatures.

JJM

Lynn Dykstra said...

The hellebores in our church gardens were blooming Sunday--they are the most delightful spring flowers, aren't they?
LOVE the quilt. Such an excellent use of vibrant colors.

Barbara Anne said...

What a good choice you made for your binding fabric - it looks as jubilant as the quilt does!

Love your Lenten Roses and hope they're soon in bloom.

Your endless energy that allows you to accomplish so much is wonderful and am glad you make the most of it.

Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always a happy feeling seeing the plants grow and know warmer weather is coming - that binding color looks great

Patty said...

That binding fabric is wonderful! Glad to see the Lenten Roses are blooming. I think what really will surprise you is how much bigger the plants will be this year.