Thursday, March 21, 2024

Fourth finish for March 2024..............

The last 2 strips were cut for the binding and sewn onto the Hugs and Kisses flannel quilt.  I finished the binding by topstitching by machine on the front of the quilt.

The channel lock straight line quilting shrunk the quilt 3" widthwise so it ended up at 57" x 82.5".  I used Hobbs 80/20 batting and a medium tan thread top and bottom.



The backing and binding are the same flannel.  I'm really happy with the variety of colors in this quilt.  My flannel collection started in the mid 1990s and some of those original fabrics are in this quilt.  I sold quite a bit of flannel yardage a few years ago and I still have enough for at least 5 more quilts.
 

10 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Yea! for a finish on the hugs & kisses quilt! I started more than I finished in Feb.😄hoping to change that for March

Julierose said...

Such a lovely finish on this one--love the channel quilting...
Only 28 this morning but sunny again...getting two little wall hangings layered up today....hopefully.
Hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Great quilt! Pattern, fabric, and the channel quilting work so well together! -Roxanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

five more flannel quilts will be nice to make and give

Nann said...

Yay!

Mary said...

I'm always surprised at how much quilting shrinks a quilt. I sounds like you have gone a long way at using up your flannel stash.

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause! You should take a bow at your wonderful accomplishments!! I love this quilt.

Hugs!

JJM said...

X’s & O’s tailored to a ‘T’ ~ Happiness is, smiles and warmth with this one.

JJM

Patty said...

The quilt turned out wonderful! I like that design and the variety of flannels makes it so interesting to look at. I could not begin to estimate how many quilts I could make with all the flannel I have!

Vicki W said...

Awesome quilt!