Saturday, March 23, 2024

A better day..............


I did more organizing with the flannel fabrics but am not done yet.  I found a light fabric to match with 3 strips that were cut for 16 patches.  I'll have to count how many 16 patches I have now.  These need to be pressed before I go any farther with them.  I have a huge box of flannel scraps.  The last time I sorted them was early 2017 and I cut lots of tumbler shapes and tossed all of the small pieces.


I selected 11 more pairs for 9 patches last night and sewed 3 of them.





This is the stack ready to go to the ironing table today.





9 more blocks were added to the design wall.  The other 3 of each of those went into a project box for the next quilt.  The blocks will finish at 4.5".







This is all of the snow we got yesterday.  About 60 miles north of us got 4-6".  It may not be the last blast of winter.  We have had snow the first week of April many times.

 

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

the flannels in the browns will make for a pretty quilt,I luv how you're blending the. 9 psych blocks into a color wash look

JustGail said...

Our forecast trace-2" turned into nearly 4" of snow Friday. I hope parking for GD's birthday party today doesn't turn into a rutted up mud pit today.
The batik 9-patches are looking good! I'm seeing a colorwash layout in the "background" (the lighter patches of each block).

Sue said...

Wanda...love those blues! And the greens are nice too...will be watching this progress. Nice and sunny day, but chilly. Good day to stay inside and stitch!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

more snow - when does it end! I was just looking at a photo on facebook that reminded me 9 years ago I was visiting my daughter when she lived in WI and we had a photo of the grandson shoveling off the driveway of snow and reminded me the flight home was canceled as Chicago airport was snowed in. I got to stay an extra day to visit

JJM said...

I so enjoy seeing your fabric combinations… especially your flannel series you’ve been in, the prints and wovens are such a unique array.

JJM

Julierose said...

such a pretty array of 9-patch blocks you've got going!!
43 and raining here this morning--heavy stuff hasn't hit us as yet--i think tonight into tomorrow's early hours...
Hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

The more 9 Patch blocks you make, the more I love your quilt!

Those yummy brown/tan flannels will be perfect with other flannels. Have fun rummaging in your flannels stash.

Our all day rain for today arrived late last night so we have an overcast sky and very wet ground but it's no longer raining. Our high for today is forecast to reach 61*F with a low tonight of 29*F. Hope the flowers aren't frozen.

Hugs!

MissPat said...

I got home from FL Thurs afternoon, then woke up to 17 degrees Friday morning. Snow yesterday and this morning wiped out the daffodils. I need to make some more 16 patches to make a dent in the stash.
Pat