Friday, March 15, 2024

More blocks................


 I sewed one of each of the 13 new combinations and saved the other 3 of each to sew later.  I wanted to see the yellows and oranges on the design wall.

It was cool enough yesterday morning that the heat came on and I should have gone to the basement then and started quilting the flannel quilt.  I waited until afternoon and by that time it was warm out and cold in the basement.  Today it should be warm down there so I hope the quilting happens.

That left my "in between things" project as the only thing to work on because my cutting area is in the basement too.  Well, that's not totally true; I have a cutting table on the main level too, but it is a catch all spot....so I could fix that.  Anyway, I sewed more strip sets for 9 patches last night.

I have fabric all pressed and ready to cut for a project so maybe I can do that today too.


Here is the only branch on my Forsythia that has blooms.  The bush is old, was trimmed back many years but not for the last 3 years.  It is 6 feet tall and this is the extent of its beauty.  The only reason I haven't dug it out is that it is a safe haven for the little birds.  They go back and forth between the feeders and the bushes.

11 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I like the transparency of your 9-patch blocks. The cold in the basement seems to seep into my bones so, like you, I need it to be warmed up. We leave our Christmas tree leaned up against one of the trees in our back yard for the birds. We leave it through through springtime and they are in and out of it all the time.

Julierose said...

Nine patches are really looking great--coming together so well...so pretty...
44 here and drizzling out--going food shopping this morning early before the showers come in [I hope].
Hugs Julierose

Carolyn said...

Can you recommend a good place to purchase Kaffe Fassett fabrics? I was just gifted two Kim McClean patterns and I want to use his fabrics for them! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are coming together for another gorgeous quilt! -Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Your forsythia looks like ours did. We had a bush supposedly suitable for northern climate. Full of branches and very tall with a total of 10 flowers. At least we have pretty fabrics to enjoy!

Nann said...

I'm sort of between projects, too -- and our basement is chilly these days. Fortunately there are quilts on hand for S to put around his shoulders for our evening TV-watching. (I work up enough warmth as I sew, get up, iron, sew, fuss with the design wall, repeat.)

Barbara Anne said...

As you have the blocks on the design wall, it's a gorgeous Rainbow array of 9 Patches! I look forward to seeing where the block arrangement ends up!

Hope you get the machine quilting done you'd like to do today.

Some of our forsythia are scraggly, too, but others are full and delightful.

Hugs!

pbj fiber marietta said...

Love your nine patches. Funny how something seemingly so simple can become magic when you wave your magic wand, Wanda! Just goes to show that more is better when it comes to color. Thanks for the inspiration.

Patty said...

The 9 patch blocks are very pretty like button candy. I have an electric space heater in the studio to help with the chill. It doesn’t seem to run my bill up. I make sure I always unplug it when it’s not in use.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm liking this 9 patch of yours Wanda! I like the way the colours are merging.

Julierose said...

Beautiful flannel pinwheel quilt!! Love that deep brown...chocolate color...
The strip pairs you've set out will make pretty 9-patches....
Only 34 here this morning...but sunny...
hugs, Julierose