Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Variety day.................


I had intended to spend more time with quilt related things yesterday but ended up with a variety of things needing attention.

Early in the day I started choosing pairs of strips to sew into 9 patches and last night I got some of the strip sets sewn.

I had errands to run in the middle of the day and didn't get to the batting cutting until later in the day.  I have batting cut for 2 of the 3 flannel quilts and will continue cutting for some others today.


I needed to start baking treats for my great-grandchildren who live on the far side of a neighboring state.  I got these baked and another batch of dough mixed and in the refrigerator.



I noticed more Lenten Roses blooming so I grabbed my camera and went out to record this year's flowers.

This one is a pale rose color.




On the next plant was this darker rose flower.  The last plant in the row looks like it will have some this color too.





What really surprised me was that these 2 blooms are on the same plant.

 

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, it’s so nice to start seeing flower and garden pictures again! We had snow this weekend and expect a high in the low 60’s today. Getting batting ready is one of those things I I don’t hate but don’t love either, lol.

Julierose said...

Just lovely Lenten blooms you've gotten this year!! So pretty...

I especially like those light-colored 9 patches...look like Springtime;)))
40 here and sunny--yay!! Off to get a haircut and try to get my hairdresser to do what "I" want...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always like it when I get several colors of flowers on the same plant when normally it is one color and I wonder why. Sometimes when it is an errand running day nothing gets done in the house

Nann said...

The pastels of the batiks flow into the cookies and are echoed by the flowers!

JJM said...

I like your photos from your “Variety Day” you had yesterday and they surely show a very busy day at that. Featuring your Lenten rose blossoms in all their glory, delicious cookies and even working more cutting and sewing of your batting and strip sets. Enjoyed seeing all.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What delicious batiks are going into your 9 Patch quilt!

Lovely variety of Lenten Rose blooms, too, with their beautiful individual pinks and greens.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

Variety days are good days!

Patty said...

It makes me smile to see those flowers. I noticed I have one plant that has pink flowers but has one stem of white flowers. The pastel 9 patch row is so pretty!

Mary Ellen said...

Hellebores have a mind of their own. They reseed freely but you never know what you will get.

Mystic Quilter said...

Way behind with my reading - so pleased you have photos of your Lenten Roses, how unusual to have the two different colours on one plant, they work well together!