Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Working on two................


I made some more blocks for the Spa Quads quilt. I have one more set of 4 quarters cut and need to cut enough pieces for 3 more large blocks (12 quarter blocks).






I have fat quarters of these 2 e bond fabrics that might get used.  I only get 2 quarter blocks out of a fat quarter of fabric so I need to go through the stack one more time and see if I can see another couple pieces that will work.


I had 3 hours of TV last night so I did a lot of hand stitching on this binding.  It sure is easier and faster than a batik binding.  I have about 50" left to stitch.  Maybe I'll get the other quilt trimmed and cut binding for it.  It is a Marcia Derse fabric quilt so it will also be easy to stitch.


I was a little worried about the binding next to the pink roses on the back but there is enough pink in the binding print to make it look okay.

We got an inch and a half of rain from Monday through Tuesday morning.  We need the rain after a fairly dry winter.  My Sedum plants are getting big and I haven't been out there to break off last years dry stalks.  Maybe one day this week will be good.  It has been so windy on most of the warmer days so I'm hoping for a calm warm day.

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Great you got more stitching on your binding done!
38 and drizzling here this morning...laundry beckons and various household tasks...
hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I'm glad you got some rain. The title of this post made me smile. A very dear friend asked me yesterday if I had more than one project going at a time and it was hard not to laugh in her face.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those fabrics are quite unusual - the prints I mean very different from others I have seen they make the quilt block design look quite unique.

Nann said...

e bond -- had to look that up. Great graphics. Lots of wind last night. I'd like a little sunshine now!

LG said...

It is such a joy to look at your projects every morning!

Barbara Anne said...

Your wonderful progress on so many projects is inspiring and fun to watch from afar.

It's a rainy day here with more expected tomorrow. We've already had more than 5.30" of rain this month.

Onward ho!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love that binding and hooray that it and the roses play well together. The red print is just perfect for that quilt. We had a lot of rain but now it is sunny and clear (upper 30s at night for another day or so then we start to warm up again).

Cathy said...

I had to download the Spa Squads instructions. I like your version better than the one in the instructions.

Rain and snow here off and on and the ground has been really soaking it up. I think lots of plants are loving it as I see more and more sprouts out in the gardens every day. Now if it just wasn't so darned windy! It would be perfect kite weather if only I had one! We used to always fly them in our field with kids and grandkids but havent done that for a few years now.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I really like that binding. I am hoarding bits of Kaffe for some as yet unknown quilt. I do so love them, and there are some that just make me super happy!

Patty said...

That picture with all four corners of the binding- I love the black background fabric with the delicate gold fern like leaves and the pink flowers. We don’t need any more rain this week. I don’t know how much we got, but everything is saturated.

Vicki W said...

I downloaded the SpaQuad patter so I hope that will be in my future!

Anonymous said...

Looking at Ebond fabrics I also saw a new Marcia Derse line for preorder. Love the name of it—Stenographers Notebook Open Spaces. Your Spa Quads is looking great. -Roxanne