Sunday, March 17, 2024

Third finish for March 2024


A lightweight flannel print was my final choice for the binding.  This flannel Pinwheel quilt ended up at 58" x 70".

It has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it.




The back is one of Robert Kaufman's mammoth flannels.  They are a heavier weight than most and very soft.

I got the Hugs and Kisses flannel quilt parts loaded on the longarm yesterday afternoon.



When I was out filling the birdfeeders I noticed the Scilla was up and blooming.






I have shown closeup photos of the Lenten Rose blooms and thought I should take some photos of the whole plants.  This one on the left bloomed for the first time last year.  I have had these plants for 3 years now.



The plant in the middle has a lot of blooms too.








This plant on the right is the only one that bloomed the first year and it has the least buds and only a couple of them are open so far.  It didn't bloom at all last year.  I'm really happy with the growth on all 3 plants.

 

11 comments:

Sally Langston Warren said...

Love the flannel quilt and watching the design process as you have worked on it! Do you prewash your flannels before using them? I have heard so much about shrinkage of flannel fabric.

Julierose said...

such a lovely finish on your Pinwheel flannel!!:)))
Your Lenten Roses are really blooming well for you...
45 here today and misting out there...today will be a resting day from
my cutting/de-stashing--ye olde back needs a day off!! :)))
Hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

When we moved I gave a friend a several Lenten Rose from my garden. One pretty one had come up for 3-4 years but not very big and no blooms. After 2 years with her it has blooms this spring, along with the others. Makes us both happy. I need to plant some here. -Roxanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always so nice seeing the flowers begin to bloom!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great finish - I like the idea of a light backing for that

Mary said...

The birds have really been hitting our feeder lately. It took a while for them to discover it.

Barbara Anne said...

The Pinwheels quilt is wonderful and congrats on a third March finish!! Hugs and Kisses cannot be far behind now that it's loaded on your machine.

Your spring flowers are so sweet. Our periwinkles and violets are now blooming but in the coming week, night temperatures will be nearly at freezing so hope they're still snuggled in!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Your pinwheels look so warm and cozy… three finishes to be proud of.

Love your spring blossoms … winter looks like its really over in your yard…

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks to be a warm and toasty quilt for Winter months. I found that my Lenten Rose plants(when they were alive) to be quite slow growing. They do look beautiful in clumps, I love the bright green of the leaves.

Patty said...

The flannel quilt turned out wonderful! Third finish already this month is great! I’m so glad the Lenten Roses are blooming. They look great and I think you will be surprised at how big they get this year. We had some snow this afternoon; nothing stuck and then the sun came out.

Vicki W said...

I really love the teal fabrics in that quilt. I think it modernizes the flannel fabrics.