Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Binding choice...........


The binding choice ended up being the same one I used on another Kaffe quilt this year.





I'm really glad I decided to go with red instead of a black background print.  It's easier on the eyes and I think the better choice of color.






This is the other print used for the back of the quilt.  I'll show the whole back when I get done with the binding.  Large prints like this one work well for borders and backings but don't cut up well in small shapes.
  




 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Red looks really good for the binding--and the large print will be so pretty quilted on the back;))0
33 here this morning and clouded over...
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

The flowers in the black print pick up the red in the binding. BTW, I saw the most recent Kaffe collection on a vendor's website. Gorgeous prints.

Penny Gold said...

Yes, that pinkish-red binding is just lovely! Perfect!

JJM said...

I agree your red binding is a ‘knock out’ for this quilt. It’s always a treat to see your post first thing in the morning for me. Your fabrics are always “Exuberant” to say the least.

JJM

patty a. said...

That binding is so pretty!

cityquilter grace said...

totally agree...the red print binding is the perfect finish

Vicki W said...

I love red and orange for bindings!