Saturday, March 2, 2024

February 2024 monthly recap...................


There were 5 finishes in the shortest month of the year, all because there was one extra day this year.  The 2 baby quilts are 37" square and 33.5" x 40".  The quilt tops were made last month in an attempt to build up my baby quilt stash.  Next is the Australian 16 patch which is 60" x 77" and the top was made in March 2023.  Interweave, a pattern by SpringLeaf Studios, is 57" x 81".  The top was made in March 2018.  The last one is Scrappy Batik Bear Paw 2 which is 70" x 85".  The top was made in March 2023.  The three large quilts were quilted by Robin Diaz.


I had a flannel marathon in February and created 3 quilt tops out of my large stash of flannel.  Left is Hugs and Kisses, 60" x 83", next is Flannel Pinwheels, 59.5" x 71".  The third one is all squares in 2 sizes, 54.5" x 71".  The last quilt top is LeMoyne stars made with Kaffe collective fabrics, alternated with another Kaffe print.  I had contemplated adding a border but I don't love this one enough to spend any more time on it so it will be a small quilt, 45" x 62".


Last night I sewed the last 8 sixteen patch blocks that were waiting by the machine.  I need to make more later this month.








Then I did the staystitching 1/8" from the edge on the Hugs and Kisses quilt top.  When I do this stitching I use the regular foot on my machine which is wider than 1/4" and then move my needle to the right so I can have the foot fully on top of the quilt edge and still stitch 1/8" from the edge. 

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, nice tip for doing the stay stitching. Just curious why you have Robin quilt some quilts for you. It's funny because my favorite of the bunch is the LeMoyne stars that you don't love enough to spend any more time with ;-) Interweave is my second fav :)

Julierose said...

You certainly had a very productive month of february!! All lovely finishes and WIPS too...
38 this morning, gray and dark...rain expected--we are on our way to my daughter's with "tool box in hand" ;))) hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you made so many finishes it is amazing. I know some where already started and some almost finished but really you keep so busy

Anonymous said...

I also spotted the LeMoyne stars on your previous post and loved it enough to save to Pinterest, so surprised it is not a favorite of yours. Happy for you to have gotten so many finished!

Mary said...

I couldn't pick a favorite from this month's batch if I had too. Thanks for the tip on how to do stay stitching with the entire foot on the fabric.

Barbara Anne said...

What wonderful quilts and what a lot of positive karma you've added to the world - which needs all the good karma it can get.

Applause, applause!

Hugs!

JJM said...

February 2024 Recap 👌 is awesome and a treat to see them all together. You always bring a smile with every post Wanda.

JJM

Patty said...

You had another great month of finishes and making tops!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful collection of finishes Wanda.

Helenchaffin said...

5 finishes id definitely something to be proud of! All 5 are amazingly beautiful!