Friday, September 24, 2021

A walk outside............

I did some outside work after the front of the house was in the shade.  I remembered to take my camera and snapped this shot of the Sedums in daylight.  There are 2 little pots of miniature zinnias by the base of the mailbox post and 2 pots of pink Begonias on the driveway.  I pulled some weeds that got a lot bigger after our rain 3 days ago.

My new Hydrangea has turned all pink now but not the deep raspberry that they showed on the cone shaped flowers on the tag.  This is the Zinfin Doll variety.

I found a little renegade flower in my pot of Vincas.

My three pots of Pentas are doing well.  I hope to bring them inside for the winter.

That little Sedum that had such bright flowers earlier now has dried blossoms.

And for a little more pinkness, a close up of one of the Sedums.

My pop-up shop will be open to everyone at noon EST today.  The shop will close 10 p.m. EST tomorrow.  Here is a link.

Thursday, September 23, 2021


I just happened to walk through the kitchen when I saw this sunset.  I love the pink/blue skies.

All afternoon I meant to go out to take a photo of the Sedums in bloom.  Here they are at dusk, still pretty but I'll get a better shot soon so you can see how pretty they really are.

My pop-up shop will open at noon EST today for people on my email list.  You should have gotten an email from us late last night with a video of how to navigate the shop. Watch for another email at noon today with the password.  If you don't see it check your junk/spam folder in case your email program put it there.  The password is case sensitive. Copy and paste or type it in just as you see it.

Everyone else can get into the shop tomorrow at noon EST.  A reminder, it will be a 2 day shop and it will close at 10 p.m EST Saturday.  

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

40 blocks.............

I realized as I was sewing blocks last night that 3 of the mottled batik blocks could be used to fill in the last 3 spots.  I may still make some new blocks if I think I need a different combinations somewhere.

There was only one seam left on the 37 duplicate blocks so I got them all sewn while watching 3 hours of TV.

Now I need to move all of the blocks to a larger double design wall to determine the layout.  This might wait for a couple days while I finish up the behind the scenes part of my pop-up shop.

My pop-up shop will open at noon ET on Thursday for people on my email list.  Everyone else can get into the shop on Friday at noon ET.  A reminder, it will be a 2 day shop so it will close sometime on Saturday afternoon.  If you want to sign up for the email list go here (or there is a form on my right side bar).

While looking into all of the nooks and crannies for possible offerings for the pop-up shop I found this little piece.  I should pin it up on my bulletin board where I can see it often.  Pins from guilds I used to be a member of plus show pins and fun rotary cutter and scissor pins are fun to see again.

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Almost to the half way mark...............

I have 37 blocks made now and have decided to go with 80 blocks.  I have the 37 duplicate blocks partially sewn and now I need to decide what is needed for the last 6 strips of fabric.  There are 3 FBI shows on TV tonight so that should be enough time to finish all of the rest of the blocks.

Can you believe I still have scraps left after all that I sold at my last pop-up shop?  I will have several bags of them in my pop-up shop that will open at noon ET on Thursday for people on my email list.  Everyone else can get into the shop on Friday at noon ET.  A reminder, it will be a 2 day shop so it will close sometime on Saturday afternoon.  If you want to sign up for the email list go here (or there is a form on my right side bar).


Monday, September 20, 2021

27 blocks..............

I got 10 more blocks sewn last night and have 27 duplicates ready to sew tonight.  I have 10 more strip sets ready to press and cut for the final blocks.

I worked on more packs of fabric for my pop-up shop which we are hoping to open on Thursday this week.  Dots were one category and Moda fabrics by Sandy Gervais and Brannock and Patek were another bunch I got processed.  Also Asian themed fabric.

I'm still working on more batik scrap packs, both strips and small pieces.

We are planning on just a 2 day shop this time since it is mostly fabric and the fabric sells fast.  I have a few jump start projects to offer too.  If you want early access be sure you are on my email list.  You don't need to sign up again unless you have changed your email address.

We will only ship to US addresses.


Sunday, September 19, 2021

17 blocks..............

I have no idea if I'm on the right path for my recreation of Autumn Coneflowers but I don't mind having extra blocks that I don't use.

Monday night there are 2 new NCIS shows on TV so I'll sew a lot more blocks then.

Below is the photo of the original Autumn Coneflowers so I can see it with the blocks I have already made.  I'm not shooting for an exact recreation, just a general feel of it.


Saturday, September 18, 2021

More updating photos..............

While I still had the auxiliary lights set up for photographing quilts I decided to take a new photo of Crooked Cobblestones I.  I have sold or gifted all of the rest of the series.

I took a series of detail shots too while I was at it.

Many people have asked if there is a pattern for this.  It is totally improv.

Some of the centers are less than an inch on one edge, others are over 3" on one edge, whatever size the scrap was that I picked up next.

I found a bag of over 150 blocks a couple weeks ago so maybe someday there will be another one.

I am making progress on the 16 patch blocks but nothing worthy of a photo yet.

We got a little rain last night.  That is .8" for the whole month so far.  I really don't remember what it feels like to get a whole inch of rain in one storm.