Friday, October 11, 2024

A change of plans...............


Yesterday I started the day by baking chocolate chip cookies.  I was planning the next thing to bake when I got the news that one of the travelers wasn't feeling well so they aren't coming.  (Poor photo, they look much better)


To free some space in my freezer for cookies, I baked half a package of cinnamon rolls.  It was only 65 degrees inside because I haven't turned on the heat yet.  We're supposed to get up to low 80s today and then only high 50s early next week.  They are even talking a frost or possible freeze warning Tuesday night.  I guess I'll have to turn on the heat Sunday or Monday.




Last night I looked through the shelf of 'batik quarter yard or less' for fabric for my current quilt.





I pulled these 4 to cut into 2.5" strips, one of each for the current quilt and the rest to go into one of the 2 boxes of strips.

Both of my kids celebrated 40th wedding anniversaries this year, one of them yesterday.




 

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

yes the weather is conducitve to baking...i did apple crisp and egg custard..old fashioned desserts but still good