Saturday, October 26, 2024

Possible layout.............


This is a possible layout for the butterfly blocks.  Now I just have to figure out what will fill in all of the blank areas.  I have enough of the background fabric to just use it but I think I need to do some piecing and add a little more color.






While I was waiting for the dryer to stop yesterday afternoon, I started cleaning off the table that I baste small quilts on.  There was a box with leftovers from previous Trip Around the World projects.  The back story on this one: when I worked at one of the quilt shops we cut kits for TAW.  I also cut 1.5" strips and sewed a small sample so people could see how the selections looked.  There were a couple of those groups that never got sewn because the kits sold before I could sew them.  This one was cut somewhere between 1995 and 2002.  I still have 8 more strips to sew onto this strata.  I think this will turn out about 20" x 28".  It is just a nice 'in between' project while I think about the butterfly quilt.

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Butterfly setting is looking interesting--looking forward to seeing it come together, Wanda;))) I really like that background fabric, too..
50 early this morning--I thought it was supposed to be a lot cooler??? [Well, weather forecasting is not an exact science I guess...] Dawning gray and cloudy...
I hope your weekend gives you some good sewing time...
hugs, Julierose