Friday, October 18, 2024

Prepping time......................


I continued cutting batting and backing for quilts that I will do the quilting on.  I think this might be the first time I have used a non-Kaffe fabric as backing on a Kaffe quilt.  The top is 48" wide which would have meant piecing a back.  I had this 58" wide fabric that looks great with it so no piecing required.


I was able to get both battings from one width of batting off the roll.  I decided on a large print floral for the back of this small quilt.





Next I searched through my batik stash for the last 8 fabric I needed for the current quilt.






I got the strip sets sewn last night but didn't turn on the iron.  I'll do that today and get the last 8 blocks pieced.



Carol C, you are a no reply commenter (your email is not enabled in your Google profile) and you asked for key words to search for posts where I have made quilts like this one.  I call this one "the other 16 patch" because the traditional 16 patch is all squares and this one has rectangles.  So the way to search is enter other 16 patch into the search box at the top left of this blog post.  If you read on a smartphone you have to go the the bottom of the post and click on view web version to find the search box.  It is tiny and is at the top left above my header photo.  This will take you to all of the posts for all of the quilts I have made with this block.

No comments: