Saturday, October 5, 2024

A layout, maybe not the final.........................


I had a plan....since there are 10 different combinations of fabrics and there are 5 blocks in each row, all I had to do is design the top 2 rows and then offset the next set of 2 rows 2 blocks to the right, and repeat for the third set of 10 blocks. Now when I see the photo I can see I have a diagonal path of the plainer prints and the busier prints are also grouped together.  I could say I did that on purpose to give it a focal point....but I didn't.  I have to decide if I like it the way it is, or do I want to change it.


The two little neighbor girls are getting a makeover for their bedroom.  I had been planning on giving them some larger quilts since they only had small quilts from me before.  Their mom told me what she had in mind and I showed her several choices.  She chose these 2.  Neither of the quilts is a twin size quilt but instead they will be used as toppers, or folded at the foot of their beds.








These 2 quilts were sold at the beginning of September.  That makes a total of 8 out of my guest bedroom and into new homes.

1 comment:

Julierose said...

I like the pinwheels set up you have there--brings your eyes around;)))
So generous of you to gift those girls quilts...
56 here this early morning...gray and overcast--expecting some rain--hopefully. Worked a bit on my panel this morning basting things down...hugs, Julierose