Monday, October 7, 2024

Pinwheels................


It looks just like yesterday's photo but this is the sewn top.  Right now it is 60" x 72" which falls into the size quilts I prefer to make now.  If I add borders (to please someone who would like a larger quilt) it will be in the size range that I no longer want to do the quilting on.  I have the fabric that would work for a border, I just don't know that I want to push myself to do it.  This will hang on the design wall for a few days.


Meanwhile I was putting the leftover triangles back in the project box.....and surprise!....there are way more green triangles in there than I remembered (I counted 108). The leftover blues are mostly pairs, not enough for pinwheels.  There are a few pink ones hiding under the blue ones too.  Maybe I should add purple to the mix and make a zigzag quilt. 

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

That's the size I like to make, too. Plus the group that sews for chemo and dialysis clinics requires that size. I think a throw quilt is so much more usable.