Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Binding and 9 patches................


The first batik 9 patches from my two bins of 2" strips are 4.5" finished and will be joined by many more over the next months.  One strip of each of 2 fabrics makes 4 blocks if I'm careful with my cutting.




I had 2 sessions of hand sewing the binding on Autumn Coneflowers 2.  I started with a corner finished the first night and stitched 2 sides yesterday, just going around the third corner onto a long side.  I might take a day off from it to let my hand rest.


I tried a second time and got an in focus shot of a Lenten Rose bloom.  They have a quite interesting center.







The pink is only on the outside of the petals on this plant.  The other 2 plants should bloom soon since we got a nice rain overnight Monday into Tuesday.  I think it was around 1.5" which we really needed because we have had a low moisture winter so far.

11 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

my poor hand will make me let it test ,it'll go numb on me😄 great progress on the blocks using up your scraps

Julierose said...

i certainly know about resting your hands--good idea--you don't want to overstrain it.
45 here and gray--expecting heavy rain overnight tonight...hoping our side window doesn't leak..hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

with the way the flower hangs down it is always hard to get a photo - I have Mediterranean Bells and they do the same

Nann said...

I'll be interested to see how you set those L-D-L nine patches! Sunshine today.

Barbara Anne said...

Love your 9 Patches and your progress on the binding. You're wise to let your hands rest for a day or more and the best thing is you can keep sewing 9 Patches or something else as different tasks still rest hands that have been hand-stitching.

Lovely Lenten Rose and its such delicate colors!

We've had more than 2" of rain since March started and today is an all day rain day with gloomy skies and lamps needed.

Hugs!

JJM said...

New 9 patch blocks ~ binding moving along so swiftly also. Your days are always so full of your passion.

Lenten Rose photo really is sharper than the other day. And still can’t get over how so delicately lovely this spring plant is.

JJM

Anonymous said...

Lovely 9-patches! Reproquiltlover is hosting a tiny 9-patch sewalong on her blog and Instagram—lots of people having fun with that. -Roxanne

Linda Swanekamp said...

Hmm, I have to go out and check my Helleborus again to see if there is any action going on. Love those batik 9 patches.

Patty said...

The 9 patches are pretty and so is that Lenten Rose!

Cherie Moore said...

Slowly but surely the p-patches will add up. Those Lenten roses are beautiful.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your photos of the Lenten Rose in your garden has made my day! I have always tried to have a few in the garden, the last ones haven't survived. The pure white with a beautiful green centre is stunning.