Monday, March 25, 2024

A lot accomplished.............


One of the two quilts back from my longarm quilter has been trimmed.  I used 2 fabrics on the back.  This is my Sunlight in the Forest quilt, one of Kaffe's designs but my choices of fabrics.  I did use the same first border that he did.  Colors are more accurate in the next photo.  As I trimmed it I was thinking I would have to use a black background binding and the back is dark....so that wasn't sounding like much fun.


Then I came to my senses and realized tat a red would be nice.  I made a trip to my stash and pulled 4 to try.  No decision made yet.



I sewed the leftover scraps together to cut some more skinny strips for the Spa Quads blocks.  I had enough for 4 and now I need to find another fabric for the rest of the blocks.  I also got 28 nine patch blocks sewn.


One of my white Cactus plants has a bloom and 3 more buds.  2 of them are small so I don't know if they will bloom.  I also have one bud on my pale pink plant.  In previous years I have had blooms all the way into April so I won't give up yet.  

7 comments:

Julierose said...

No re-blooms on my cacti as yet...but Picotee amaryllis is still going strong...
33 here this morning and sunny,,,
We are going out for lunch (yep again!!) with one of tom's old musician buddies--should be fun catching up.
One of those reds should work out great for the backing...;)))
hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I especially like either of the top two reds you pulled and agree red is a great choice for a binding.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have some binding to work on in the upcoming evenings. I have one Christmas Cactus in bloom right now with pretty pink flowers. I was surprised - I had to repot it about 2 months ago after one whole section fell off the plant I realized it hadn't been drying out good in the pot it had been in when I bumped it and it fell and broke. I repotted to clay pot and it thrived and all of a sudden more blossoms

Nann said...

From idle piecing to production! The Spa Quads pattern is intriguing.

JJM said...

I agree you accomplished a lot yesterday ! And to see all today was a treat ~ your photographs came through so sharp and clear.

Your WHITE cactus blossom is so elegantly dainty.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

As usual, you're a whirlwind and accomplish so much so quickly!

I also like the top two reds for the binding as they'll provide movement without chaos. Good idea for red, too!

Your cactus blossom is lovely and I hope the buds mature.

Hugs!

patty a. said...

So another finish is happening soon! How great is that! It looks like a real riot of color!