Sunday, March 24, 2024

Progress on 2 plus something new.............


The last flannel16 patch blocks that I made yesterday are now added to the previous ones for a total of 38.  I haven't come up with a final plan for them.





I sewed the blocks from the Friday strip sets and sewed 3 more new strip sets for the batik 9 patch project.






I added 5 new blocks to the design wall and rearranged a bit.  I made it one block wider and need to have 12 rows top to bottom.  This first quilt will have all different blocks, one of each of the 4 alike of each combination.  The other 3 blocks go into a project box for a larger quilt with duplicates in it.  I'm not quite half way there so this will continue for a month or so.


I downloaded this free pattern and printed it a few years ago.  I knew I wanted to use large prints for it and finally decided to make it.











These fabrics are from 2 lines by one designer, e bond.  The dark skinny strip is a deep teal color and I only had a fat quarter of it so I need to find something else so I can make the rest of the blocks.  I might use a Marcia Derse fabric or two because they go well with these fabrics.


Last night when I was closing the blinds on my front windows the moon was shining through the huge maple tree across the street.  It was too striking to let it pass without taking a photo.

8 comments:

Nann said...

Flannel to batik to contemporary -- isn't it great to have an eclectic style?

Julierose said...

Love the so soft looking flannels!!
Great "moon shot"--cold here this morning at 27 degrees--no River walk this morning--not with that stiff NW winds blowing too.
Hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Lovely Sunday post today Wanda, love how you are creating your 9 Patch. And the ‘Spa Quad’ looks like a brain teaser to be created, to me.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love your cozy flannel quilt, the glorious batik 9 Patch quilt, your adventurous new project, and the photo of the moon. It's good you pay attention!

Hugs!

JustCallMeElle said...

I missed a few days and really did not get the gist of what was going on with the 9patches. But WOW, I love how it's coming together!
Thank you for sharing.

Patty said...

The 9 patch top is coming together nicely! Such beautiful colors! I love how you kicked up that downloaded pattern up a notch! Those prints you are using are fabulous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful moon photo - it was very photogenic here but we didn’t get photos.

Vicki W said...

Oooooh, I like that Spa Quilt!