Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Partial binding and 9 patch progress................


I started out the day getting another huge backing made for my Charley in the Forest quilt.  You will see the fantastic backing fabric in a few weeks.

I salvaged some of the cut off backing strips on the Hugs and Kisses flannel quilt and sewed them together.  I went ahead and sewed it on the quilt and I'm short about 55".  I have a little yardage left so I'll cut the remaining 2 strips from it.  I should have the binding finished today.


For the rest of my 3 hour sewing session last night I got the 3 groups of 9 patches sewn and 3 more strip sets sewn.





Then I spent some time finding pairs for the next batch of 9 patches.  There aren't many purples in this first box of batik 2" strips so I'll check the other box today.

 

8 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, I’m excited to see your Charley quilt finished! I haven’t yet been able to cut into my Charlie fabric but have been noodling on possibilities. I just love his art. Heading to a 5 day retreat today so maybe inspiration will strike. Hope all is well with you.

Julierose said...

Charley is really such a beautiful and big project to get finished...
42 here and clouded over this morning. Going out for lunch today; so no cooking...;))) hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Glad that Charley in the Forest is going to "leaf out" this spring!

patty a. said...

That was a good way to use up the cut offs otherwise they would just sat in a box of scraps because it was too much to just toss.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you did a bit of work - will love to see the front

JJM said...

Charlie in the Forest is another of my favorites, happy to see it in your production line again.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I look forward to seeing your backing fabric for the wonderful Charlie quilt and love the progress you've make on your delicious 9 Patches.

As ever, you're on a roll!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Backing looks very interesting. Wonderful colors in the 9 patches. New strips look great also.