Saturday, March 16, 2024

Quilted and trimmed.............


I went down to the longarm before noon and quilted this flannel pinwheel quilt.






I did 6 big wavy lines in each 12" block from top to bottom.  I wanted loose quilting to keep the quilt really soft.





I got it trimmed right away too.  The plaid on the back is one of the Robert Kaufman mammoth flannels.  It is heavier weight than any of the flannels on the front of the quilt.  This quilt is so soft!  I need to find a binding fabric today.



Last night I got caught up on sewing all of the rest of the 9 patches that were cut.




After that I chose more pairs to sew whenever.  I get Peacock free with Comcast and I think there is a new movie on there that I can watch tonight while I sew.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that flannel quilt will keep someone warm next winter. Love the colors for the nine patches

Nann said...

The wavy quilting is a nice accent. Great to have enough backing on hand! I look forward to seeing how the nine-patches will play with one another....Nothing on our schedule today so I hope we can get out for a walk.

Anonymous said...

Like the wavy quilting. We were snow free and overnight-bam another dumping. That quilt would come in handy here! :0)

Barbara Anne said...

What wonderful accomplishments on the Ides of March! Love the cozy flannel quilt and it's wavy quilting pattern and those delicious 9 Patches.

You're an inspiration!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Your production never stops and this week was a very good one for you. Your flannel quilt is supreme, the pinwheels spin right to my heart and your backing is wonderful. It looks like a nice woven plaid and not a print. Another beauty from your studios.

JJM

PS: always fun to see the new 9 patches completed.

Patty said...

I bought a bunch of the Robert K flannels when Hancock’s had them on sale and they are so nice. The wavy quilting looks great!

Vicki W said...

That quilt is just begging for a snuggle!