Thursday, February 29, 2024

Quilted a couple................


I intended to quilt a bunch of small quilts this month so I got busy yesterday afternoon and quilted two.




I quilted loops on this one with white thread top and bobbin.








I used the same backing fabric on these two since they were made with the same group of fabrics on the front.




I decided on straight lines with the channel lock for this one.







Last night it was time to get busy finishing the hand stitching on the Australian fabric quilt.  I didn't think I would get it done but I stuck with it until 10:30 p.m. and finished it.  I'll get the photos of these 3 today after I do the binding on the 2 small ones.  This bonus day in February is great for last minute monthly finishing.

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I love that zebra backing fabric for the two small quilts :). We had thunderstorms roll though the Pittsburg area yesterday and the temperature dropped from a high of around 60 to the teens last night….Feb is acting like March….out like a lion!

Julierose said...

Nice works--getting all the quilting done and finishing up that binding!!
You have been on a roll in February;)))

29 here this morning after lashing rains and fairly high winds overnight...
nothing damaged or downed around our house luckily....

Planning on a Big Y shopping this morning. It will be a cold one with the winds off the CT River coming across their parking lot!!

Saturday we go our daughter's new house--now a proud (if slightly overwhelmed) home owner...:)))
Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Such pretty quilts with springtime colors. I'm looking forward to your monthly recap. You have been very productive.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the big loops and the straight lines look good on those two

Barbara Anne said...

Well done!! Look at what you've accomplished just yesterday! Hope you're hands aren't worn out with all that binding stitching. Your hands may not be up to stitching binding on the two small quilts - unless you sew both sides by machine, of course. :)

Hugs!

JJM said...

Grand post today Wanda, as usual production at its best ! I too am looking foreword to your month end photos.

JJM

Nann said...

I'm sure you were glad to put the last stitch into that binding! The zebra print adds some whimsy to both of these colorful quilts.

Agile Jack said...

I love all those bright prints with the low volume fabrics. I've been wanting to do something like that. I need to get it on my list!

And I love the really wide border on the 16 patch!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like Ann, I love the brights with the black and white/low volumes. And the zebras are the perfect finishing touch.

Patty said...

You are amazing! That’s a lot of quilting and hand stitching!