Sunday, February 18, 2024

Trimming...........


I trimmed the second quilt I got back from my longarmer last week.  I wasn't sure if I wanted a black batik or a red fabric for the binding.  Finally I came to a decision.




I decided on one of the reds that is in the quilt.  This is one of my favorite Martha Negley fabrics.  I needed a break from being in the basement so I didn't get it pressed and cut yet.



There were 15 more blocks ready to sew last night.





I did get some flannels chosen for more blocks so today I'll turn on the iron and get busy again.


 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

You have quite a production going there!! That MN red fabric is a perfect one!!
22 this morning and we had lots of snow squalls that laid down another 2+" late yesterday...We've had more snow this year already than in the last 3 yrs total!!

My daughter is coming for a flying visit this noon; Tom will be serving his homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs--looking forward to that...;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that red will look great for the binding.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Excellent decision on the binding fabric!

JJM said...

Seeing all your flannels has been so delightful, just when I think we’ve seen them all you show the red binding fabric that is a good strong print, and so Beautiful to finish off your quilt.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Excellent binding choice and I love the flannels. Have fun!

Hugs!

Patty said...

That is a fabulous fabric for the binding. You are cranking away at the flannel blocks!

Mystic Quilter said...

The red is perfect.