Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Binding.............


I have 2 corners done but almost 3 sides done.  I have one long side and a few inches of a short side to go.  I didn't get to spend 3 hours stitching like I planned.  We were under a tornado watch and then a warning last night.  Most of the storm went slightly north of us but we had hail and rain at 7.  Because of all of the severe weather heading toward Chicago, the weather people were on the air until 8:30 so I missed all of the first FBI show and half of each of the next 2 shows.  They came back on a little after 9 for the last tornado warning at the Indiana border.  I can catch repeats of the last 2 shows on Saturday night but since I watched half of each I think I'll skip them.  


The orange cactus is blooming.  It seems to bloom on one side the first time and the other side the second time.






I can't resist a close up but this one seems to be a soft focus or maybe orange petals are just hard to photograph.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the fabrics in the quilt you are binding. Glad the tornado's missed you - we had not storms but temperature dropped all day and now 40 this morning after it hit 80 yesterday around noon - 2 days of cold.

Julierose said...

Good work to get some of your binding down--
we were also in a strong storm alert--but other than a few loud thunder claps (imagine in February??) and some fairly good rain, it passed us by thankfully.

It did melt all the snow away--I am wondering if we will have anymore snow this year....
Still 50 this morning; gray gray gray and drizzly...
Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Very very windy here too (gusts in excess of 50 mph) that toppled our gardenia (planted in a huge pot) and our outdoor toy storage box (large plastic that has never to my memory been pushed over by the wind before). Glad the worst of the weather missed you.

Barbara Anne said...

Well done on working your way around the delicious binding and if the weather cooperates, you may finishing that last side and few inches today. Or not if you choose to do something else!

That orange cactus delights me even more than the previous red blossoms.

It's windy here today and I hope and pray the trees stay up. No joke!

Hugs!

Patty said...

I remember living in northern Indiana and the tornados were always a concern. Glad they didn’t show up in your area. I saw a big tree down on my way home from work - root ball and all. It fell away from the houses down a steep hillside. It was quite a sight. Sounds like you will have that binding done in the next day or so.

Vicki W said...

We had some wind and storms here but nothing close to a tornado!