Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Flannel Hugs and Kisses............


#3 quilt top for February sewn and pressed, 60" x 83".  I really like the assortment of flannels in this quilt top.  I'm finally making a dent in my flannel stash and I have a backing chosen for this one.








My longarm friend Robin dropped off 2 quilts last Friday so I got one trimmed and binding sewn on.  I'm working on the hand stitching now and have one short side and one corner done.  I first chose a black Australian print for the binding but decided that black binding and black backing would be too difficult.  I looked for another Australian print that was dark and looked good on both sides of the quilt.  I ended up with this mostly purple print and I think it looks good.  I'll be hand stitching tonight when I watch the 3 FBI TV shows.


Champagne color cactus is blooming now.  2 flowers on one plant and 2 buds on the plant behind it.



It got up to 70 degrees yesterday, higher than they had predicted.  I figured it was a good day to go grocery shopping without a coat.  Today is supposed to be above 70 until the storms roll through late in the day and then 30s tomorrow and maybe snow.  Back in the mid 60s or low 70s on Sunday.  I had migraines for 40 years and that is the type of weather changes that could bring one on.

9 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

The purple binding goes wonderfully. Hand sewing black binding to black backing with black thread it a real eye strain for me. I just picked up a small Thanksgiving cactus. I have no idea what color blooms it will have so I’m hoping for buds soon. I’d be pleasantly surprised if it was champagne colored!

Julierose said...

I love those little pops of blues in your H&K flannel quilt!!:)))
And....Just beautiful champagne cactus blooms...
Nice choice for backing on your quilt, too.

39 here this morning--supposed to get up to 50's--we are in a dense fog
here right now. Weird weather changes these days...kind of turns the idea of "seasons" on its head!!
Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

We are expecting a mild cool down this week too. After yessterday's high of 95 I'm ready for it. My cacti are finished blooming, but your's are still putting on a show.

JJM said...

I agree your ‘hugs and kisses’ has such lovely flannel fabrics plus your combinations are perfect. And the backing for the quilt you are working on is truly awesome.

Our big drop in temperature plus a sciff of snow this morning is probably coming your way. And we got over a foot of snow in the mountains. Happy it was up there and not in the valley.

JJM

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh no snow after a nice day of 70 degrees. I woke up to 68 degrees already this morning and tomorrow the high is early morning and drop all day to 50 or so. I have windows open already - crazy.
I like the light colors scattered throughout the flannel.

Nann said...

Those pops of blue add so much to the hugs and kisses. One more warm day!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the purple binding -- and that backing is simply stunning. We are extra warm here, too - with the same kind of temp drop predicted (but no snow in our forecast).

Patty said...

The flannel quilt is very good looking! That’s exciting to have another quilt almost done. It was in the mid-60’s here today and we got a few thunderstorms but they didn’t last very long. This weather is just so different than what I would consider normal.

Helenchaffin said...

The quilt top turned out beautifully! We had 70's weather then here came the rain again lol still having touches of chilly mornings is making me want to pull out my orphan flannel blocks & make a lap quilt 😄