Sunday, February 25, 2024

Working on project 2...............


Yesterday I mentioned that I wasn't sure if I was going to leave the 4 patches in the layout.  When I looked at it yesterday morning I realized it was the 2 light squares that were bothering me, not the 4 patches. The comparison in this collage of the 2 photos shows I was right.


By 8:30 p.m. this was the layout of 10 rows out of 12.  I was watching a movie on Peacock so I started sewing rows together.






I decided to sew the top half together and now I can move those bottom rows up and get the last 2 rows designed.  The bottom half isn't as dark as it looks in this photo.


This is the total amount of snow from Friday night.  It was in the mid 30s yesterday and now we're headed back up to the 50s and 60s.





Look at that furry tail on this "bird".

 

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

😄I have a fuzzy tailed bird too, ,the patch blocks look great, I said no more starts but when I started cutting 4"squares "for later" it just happened 🤣 it's in the 30's this morning but warming up this evening to 70's ,it's been that way all week,just crazy weather lol

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your right it was the two light color blocks I could see a difference right away.
Sorry you had snow again but that is normal at this time of year - here in my part of the US we are abnormally warm - I hope that is not an indication of a super hot summer coming

Julierose said...

Taking those lighter blocks out made a big difference to the overall vibe of this one;))) Nice work!!
It was 15 degrees this morning at 6:30!! Hard to imagine that we are supposed to get up to the high 50's this coming week!!
That "Bushy-tailed bird" creature manages to steal all the birds' food, doesn't it? ;000
hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

I can't find the flowers??? The patch blocks look nice - I hope there is not an indication of hot summer!!!

Barbara Anne said...

It's a delight to see these cozy fabrics grow into a quilt top and you were wise to take those light fabrics out of the mix.

Squirrels are certainly a determined and clever species!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Photo’s pick up every detail and helps us see what we couldn’t before. This quilt top is so full of rich warm fabrics that it is so pleasing to look at. And knowing its all flannels makes it even better.

It has been in the 50’s the past 2 days here in the Montana mountains also and again today. But a wicked snow storm is forecast to be on its way to end our day. With high winds included.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

What a difference removing the light squares has made to the overall look of the setting.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good eye to remove the squares and replace before jettisoning the 4 patches. Coming along cozily. We did not get any snow, just very cold with warm up this week. Actually had lots of sunshine today, wow.