Tuesday, February 13, 2024

30 blocks....time to sew a top.............


I cut the rest of the blocks yesterday morning and sewed them last night while I watched the two NCIS shows on TV.  I might exchange the 2 at the right end of the bottom row with each other after seeing this on my computer monitor.  I had one block left over, laying on my cabinet.




I didn't find any blue fabrics to add but did find one green.  It looks like aqua here but it is a teeny tiny green check.







The one that looks like Gingham is really a plaid if you click and look close at it.  Most of these fabrics are the Moda brushed fabrics that were introduced around 1990.  Some were yarn dyed woven plaids and others were prints.

I'm hoping to get this sewn together today but it might end up being my TV time sewing, 3 FBI shows tonight.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

These blocks turned out beautifully--I especially like those deep chocolate colors....they look like suede...;)))
32 right on the nose here and snowing like crazy...everything looks so pretty; our dingle which is full of all kinds of branch-ey growth looks so lovely...
Also quite windy--swirling snowfall is so calming...
Don't know about water heater installation; haven't heard from them as yet...
????? hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I can't believe how fast you sewed those blocks together! They look great and make for a very beautiful quilt top! You make me want to bust out all the flannel I have and get some tops made, but I have to start working on this year's Harley t-shirt quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the green scattered in there - it looks like a blue on my screen too. I really like it

JJM said...

I have never seen so many lovely woven and printed FLANNELS. Pinwheel Pattern and layout is perfect for showing off every block.

JJM

Nann said...

The layout looks a little tan-heavy on top. A couple of switches should take care of that. This is so cozy-looking!

helenreimers said...

Love the brown pinwheels. It is inspiration to breakout the browns.

Barbara Anne said...

Looking good! Before you sew, I suggest you move those purples (2nd vertical row, 4th down and 3rd vertical row, 5th down) so they're not so close together.

What a satisfying accomplishment to be so nearly finished with this top!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I like how those blocks make an overall striking pattern in the whole quilt. They seem so sophisticated and solid.