Thursday, February 1, 2024

One last quilt top made in January 2024


It took several hours yesterday but I got this flannel quilt top sewn together by 10 p.m.  I had errands in the middle of the day so I still had 6 cross seams to sew in the evening.
It is 53" x 72", a nice throw quilt size or an extra cover on a twin bed.







I mentioned yesterday that I thought I had enough of a Laurel Burch flannel for a backing and I found it.  I think there are 6 yards in the piece so I'll have enough left over for a backing on a baby quilt plus a strip to cut up for piecing in another flannel quilt.

I didn't have time to make the collages for the monthly recap so I'll do that today and post it tomorrow.

8 comments:

Danice G said...

Really bright and pretty quilt top. The backing fabric suits it perfectly.

Julierose said...

This flannel quilt is really looking good--love that backing fabric...so cute;)))
36 here early on today and nedd I say more grayness overhead!!
Plans to eat out for lunch--resting my hands for a couple days...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

really nice bright fabric for a baby quilt someone will love it

Mary said...

Very pretty, Wanda. You are off to a great start in 2024.

Anonymous said...

Bump that up a year Wanda. You are so prolific!

Barbara Anne said...

What a joyful and snuggly quilt this will be when finished and perfect for anyone needing some brightness during the winter cold.

How many quilts did you finish in 2023? A bazillion??! You're amazing, Wanda!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Love this flannel quilt ~ it has so many unique prints, especially the block that photographs like ‘seersucker’. I just had to enlarged photo and had to go in and make those blocks even larger to see. Such a fun and cheerful quilt top Wanda and backing couldn’t be any better..

JJM

Patty said...

That quilt will be even cuter than it is with that backing fabric.