Wednesday, February 14, 2024

How about some red for Valentine's Day.................


I got the flannel quilt sewn together but didn't turn on the iron so I'll just talk about red today.  I went through my archives looking for finished red quilts and came up with this assortment.  My daughter owns the one on the bottom left and so far I still own the others. 










This group is all quilt tops.  I sold the three on the left.  The one on the right will probably be finished soon.  I have the perfect backing fabric for it.







I think of these as mostly red.  The two on the upper right are finished quilts.  I gave the one on the right as a shower/wedding gift and I own the one with the star blocks alternating with red 16 patch blocks.  The small Trip Around the World is my kitchen table quilt and the other two are tops.  I sold the one on the bottom.

12 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, such fun to see red quilts for Valentine’s Day! My favorite is in the first group….the one in the middle :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day!

Mary said...

What an inspiring assortment of red projects. I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day with maybe a little chocolate treat along the way.

Julierose said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Wanda; beautiful red quilts on display here;))))
28 here, very blustery winds, and bitterly cold feeling out there..Winter came back with a vengeance....;0000 hugs, Julierose

Chris said...

Happy Valentine’s Day, Wanda! What a treat to see all of these pretty red quilts! I especially love the one you said you gave as a shower gift, I think. Is it a Kathy Doughty pattern or did you cut with a die? I love the transparency!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow in that middle group I really like the quilt on the top left - cool

Nann said...

What a great display!

JJM said...

Oh Wanda ~ such a wonderful treat to see all your REDS on display for Valentine’s Day. Each and every one is so beautiful. And such a lovely, creative post with the history to go with it. Thank you and wishing you a Happy Valentines Day also.

JJM

Kristin said...

Fabulous groups of red quilts! Thanks for showing them to us...

Barbara Anne said...

What a delicious variety of red quilts! Some of those deep reds remind me of Red Velvet Cake - remember that recipe?

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You most definitely know how to work with red! I've always loved the wonky log cabin (upper photo, center) design and your HSTs in the lower corner of that same block are also pretty darn awesome. Thank you for putting these collages together!

Patty said...

What a fun post! Those are some fabulous red quilts!