Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Flannel progress.............


 Last night I started sewing sets of 4 blocks that are identical.  I have chosen the last 8 fabrics for more blocks but haven't cut them yet.  I will want to mix those colors into the layout before I sew any more sets of 4.


I had strip sets prepared for 24 sixteen patch blocks so I sewed them too.  I may combine my rectangle blocks with the 16 patches in one quilt.  The rectangles are 4" x 8" finished size and I have a good size stack of them already cut.  I just need to do some figuring so I know how many of each I will need.

We are on the way to being the warmest ever February in Chicago (60 miles from me).  Today may go over 60 and they are saying near 70 on the weekend.  I guess I should go outside and pull out the tomato plants and cages that I didn't do in November.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

You are getting a lot of blocks sewn for these flannel quilts;)))

Only 20 degrees here this morning--cold and gray...but they predict upper 50's for next week...we shall see though, by the shoreline here, it rarely gets as warm as in the CT Valley north of us...
hugs, Julierose

sue s said...

I am enjoying seeing your work on the flannels. It reminds me I have a Christmas flannel project put away somewhere that I should try to finish this year. I tired of the pattern- lots of halo pieces- but maybe it's been long enough I can handle it again! Are those fabrics generating a lot of lint?

Quiltdivajulie said...

We are in that same temperature range - after having freezing nights earlier in the week. Sinus whiplash season to be sure. Love those flannel sixteen patches.

JJM said...

You got a lot accomplished on ‘the night shift’ with your X’s & O’s and checkerboard blocks last night. Looking forward to see how you will them create quilt tops with them.

70 in February in Sandwich, IL this weekend ! Wow ~ I agree what an unusual winter for you.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love your progress, your fabrics, and your plans!!

The weather is the same here, cold nights, 50ish*F days but that's about to change with coming days in the 60s*F and warmer nights. Didn't Jack Frost get the memo that it's February??

As sure as we plant something, the winter freeze will return and if we don't plant, it will stay warm. Catch 22.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Not quite that warm here! Made two flannel travel pillowcases for my 2yr old granddaughter, so I did sew some flannel. I want the heavy kind, not the stuff at Joanns. Your blocks look terrific.

Patty said...

It was 59 here today. That’s just crazy for February. All those blocks are so beautiful! They are going to make some wonderful quilts!