Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Second February 2024 finish.............


This quilt was made from a pattern I purchased, Interweave by Springleaf Studios.  Here is a photo of the pattern.  All of the black and whites are batiks and the red and orange prints are mostly regular quilting cotton prints with 2 Philip Jacobs fabrics and 1 Martha Negley fabric.  It is 57" x 81".  Binding is done all by machine, straight stitch finish on the top.



The backing is a batik I purchased on sale in 2018 in NC.  The batting is Hobbs 80/20.  The binding is the same Martha Negley print that is in the quilt top.

Click for a closer view.  There are some fun black and white batiks in this one, a lot of them from 1990-2003.






When I cut the elongated hexagon flannel pieces, there is a triangle at each end left over.  Yesterday I decided to clean up my die cutter table and cut 2" finished half square triangles from those waste pieces.  I will have some more when I get the next 8 fabrics cut.

14 comments:

patty a. said...

Congratulations on another finish! That is such a fun quilt! What would you do without your die cutter? Getting a box full of triangles that could have been tossed is wonderful. There are so many designs that you could make from those.

Mary said...

I love the way this one turned out. You are getting a great start for another productive year.

Julierose said...

Love those black & Whites in between the red/orange strips on this one, Wanda...Nice work...very vibrant...;)))
I am somehow not getting comments on my blog these days...I have no idea why.??
Onloy 19 degrees this morning--bitterly cold here--and they predict high 50's for next week? Crazy weather...hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

What a great design -- I like the black/white with orange/red colorway. Congratulations on the finish!

helenreimers said...

Love, love, love these colors together. The orange is unexpected.

JJM said...

Second February Finish is AWESOME Wanda ! Love the fabrics you chose for this one, so charismatic …. And oh my the backing is as fun as the quilt top.

And time to cut more half squares… you’re still the most productive quilter I know.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What a vibrant and dynamic quilt with these complimentary colors and your wonderful workmanship! 2 finishes for February so you can relax for the end of the month, but I know you'll keep sewing because it's so much fun.

Feb 29 would have been my mother's 27th birthday since she was a Leap Year baby.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I love the black & white fabrics you used. You had a lot of fun fabrics to
work with. The red & orange were good choices. Excellent looking quilt both front & back!

Kay in Kansas

Kristin said...

Iremember your original post abot this quilt - because I love it! Love it in B&W ad reds. Very cool!

Mystic Quilter said...

Great colour mix!!! I liked this pattern and was very tempted when I bought a previous pattern from Springleaf Studio, I'm now thinking about buying this pattern from Anne. I don't I will make one quite as long although the balance of width and length does look just right of the one you've shown is perfect.

Cathy said...

I love your version of this quilt! Years ago I bought a bunch of navy and white batiks. Now I know a great way to use them!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt is a wonderful graphic statement with such bold fabric. It finished so super. Love the binding and backing,

Vicki W said...

That is a really cool quilt.You are on quite the finishing roll this year!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful finish - and that backing is fabulous with the top!