Monday, February 19, 2024

Flannel again............


Yesterday morning was cutting time.  I also cut for two more quilts than the two I'm already sewing.






I paired triangles with elongated hexagons.  I have enough triangles cut now for the rest of the blocks I need to cut.





Last night was sewing time.  The blocks on the left are piles of 4 alike.







I took one block of each sewn combination and started a layout on the design wall.  After I make the remaining blocks I will sew duplicates of the X and O blocks because I have 4 alike of most of the blocks.  I need to cut 8 more sets of 4 blocks so I'll be going through the stacks of flannel again today. 

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I like the X's & O's !

Julierose said...

I really like the x's and o's setting with your flannels;))) the light/dark pairings work a treat!!
33 here this morning and sunny-with snow-covering our grounds...I saw deer tracks this morning out there;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the machine really helps with all that cutting doesn't it! One investment I'm always glad I made.

Barbara Anne said...

Way to go!! These quilts are going to be so wonderful and the choice of fabrics and your cutting speed is stellar.

Hugs!

JJM said...

It truly has been a treat to see your long hours of cutting and sewing your Flannels. “February 2024 Flannel Fun” has been perfect for our frosty winter days.

JJM

patty a. said...

You have quite an assembly line going on! Once you get the blocks sewn then you can have fun arranging them.

Marjorie johnson said...

Love the B&W with touch of red. Does the pattern have a name ? Would love to purchase.

Vicki W said...

Love the XO!