Friday, February 9, 2024

Some closer views............


The photo I posted yesterday was a night photo so I thought I would show a couple daylight photos of the border fabric next to the quilt.  The background of the fabric is orange and the flowers are pink and apricot.  The red in the Lotus Leaf fabric blends nicely into it.






Here it is next to a star with busier fabrics.  I have enough of this print to use on the back of the quilt too.  It will probably be the binding too.

I didn't do any sewing yesterday. I pressed backing fabric and a stack of flannel fabric.   Also I did a lot of planning for cutting 2 flannel quilts.  





I made this quilt in 2009 and I think I may use the Tilda fabric I showed yesterday for something similar, but smaller.  I created a lot of large blocks from smaller components and it was a fun quilt to make.


A few more photos of the quilt.  Click to enlarge them.




 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks perfect for the border, back and binding

Julierose said...

Great border fabric--goes so well with your colors....
The Tilda fabrics quilt is just gorgeous--love the varying star sizes--beautiful work, Wanda;))) Your daughter must just love it to bits!!!:)))
Hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

The Lotus Leaf fabric really compliments the blocks and other fabrics in your cheerful Hunter's Star quilt and am glad you have lots of that fabric to use on the back and binding!

Love the many sizes of stars and 4 patches in the 2009 quilt and look forward to seeing the Tilda fabrics in that layout. Hope this quilt will be as fun to make as the previous quilt was.

Hugs!