Thursday, February 22, 2024

6 of the 8 final sets..............


I cut 8 sets but only brought 6 of them upstairs to sew last night.  I was too stiff and sore after doing a little over an hour of outside work to go back down and get the others.





I got them sewn last night and will sew the other 2 sets before I do any pressing. Then I can mix them all in with the the ones in the layout on the design wall. 

I tore out all of the tomato plants and pulled up the cages and nested them.  Then I picked up branches that have fallen in the last 2 months.  One of my shoulders has been bothering me and pulling all of those dead plants didn't help it.  I need to remember to take the Advil before I go out to work.  Friday and Saturday are going to be colder and now they say Tuesday for 69 degrees.


While I was in the backyard I checked out one flower bed and the Sedum is starting to grow.  This is up fairly close to the house.





Then I checked the 6 Sedum plants by the front of the house and they all have new growth too.  It's really too early to clean up my flower beds because we could have some more freezing temperatures in the next 10 weeks. 

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I always expect a St. Patrick's Day snowstorm of some sort every year. I won't be tricked by warm days in Feb.!!!! Twigs and garden can wait, for sure.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always so nice to see the plants growing at this time of year but I always keep handfuls of the dead leaf's and things nearby in case I fee the need to cover them back up for a few days if the weather will get extreme. I didn't work outside yesterday because of aches and pains.

Nann said...

"Outside work" is not a usual activity for February! Do you have to do any prep of the flannel to get the Accuquilt to cut easily?

Julierose said...

Wow--green things coming up already!! Be careful and don't overdo--I know it's so exciting to be able to get out and do your gardens...
Your flannels are coming along really quickly...
We just came in from a BJ's run this morning--corned beef has gotten SO EXPENSIVE..but at BJ's it's half the price of Big Y's!!;**** I get one good sized one and cut in half for two meals for the two of us...
Take it easy now hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

What a day you had yesterday …. Hope you went to bed early to catch breath and rest your aches and pains. But I know how hard it is to give into being old and knowing we shouldn’t over due when we’re feeling good at the time. And we always know the day after how strenuous it was.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I look forward to seeing your new flannel fabric combinations mixed with the others!

Oh, do I ever hear you about the unpleasant aches after gardening or picking up limbs. It was so much nicer when body parts did their jobs silently and without painful complaints. As Mae West said, "Getting old isn't for sissies!" Too true.

Hugs!

Patty said...

I’m sorry to hear that you were hurting after pulling the plants. I can feel your pain! I’m finally starting to feel better. I’m down to one Excedrin first thing in the morning. I’m still going to the kinesiologist next week; I think that he could help in ways I haven’t thought of. I hope you feel better soon.