Saturday, February 24, 2024

Working on 3................

All of the X and O blocks are sewn now but not pressed yet.  I need 17 O blocks and 18 X blocks so I just realized I'm short one O block.  I can just sew a seam on the other side of an X block and rip out the original seam and I will have an O block.

I took those stacks of 4 blocks off the design wall and started a layout of 6" finished squares with a few 4 patches thrown in.  I need 12 rows for the length and I'm short 14 squares for the required size.  There are 2 squares alike of 27 of the fabrics and more squares alike of the rest of them so I will need to wait to mix in the 14 new fabrics before I proceed.  I'm not sure I will leave the 4 patches in it or maybe will group them all together in one area.....just playing at this point.

When I was done with that I sewed four stratas for 16 patch blocks.  Now I need to turn on the iron and press everything.

It started snowing last night and it was sticking on the grassy areas.  I checked back in previous years' photos and the Sedum are about a month ahead of their normal growth.  I'm not going to clear away the areas around them yet.  It's just too early.
 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

All three wips are coming together so well;))) I like the scattered 4-patch idea.
We are getting rain/drizzle and our snow cover is diminishing--38 degrees early this morning--woke up with "monkey mind" at 5 am and couldn't get back to sleep...this happens sometimes--probably a nap in my future.)))
hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

It is fun watching the flannel quilts come together. We call sedum plants “never dies” or “can’t kill” so I’m guessing they will survive this weird weather we’re having despite their early start. Our daffodils are up about three inches but they should make it too, although they may get brown tips on their leaves.

Mary said...

You certainly had a productive day. Our highs are approaching 80 these days, and we had our first yard mowing yesterday.

JustGail said...

They had a weather/gardening blurb on the news about not cleaning up the gardens yet, the leaves are still needed protect plants from freezing and to give shelter to hibernating pollinators. Confine outside garden activities to pruning trees & shrubs.

The flannels are looking cozy!

Karen said...

Snow wow but I guess it is still winter - the flannel is coming along nicely - I haven’t been able to open your blog on my computer for some reason the last couple days so tried on the phone and was able to open fine

JJM said...

You’re quite a one women show for sure. Your studios just hum every day with constant activity with producing such lovely pieces. Watching you work your flannels this February has been a treat for all. 👏 Standing ovation !

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Wow! What wonderful progress in 3 directions at once! You're a powerhouse for sure and it's a treat to watch and be inspired.

I have those beautiful leafy fabrics in your 2nd project, Woolies, and plaids. I need to get busy after I finish my current project that has a deadline.

Hugs!

Patty said...

You’re having a flannel palooza and I love it!

Mystic Quilter said...

An easy fix for your O blocks! I like the idea of having a few four patch blocks in amongst the squares of the second quilt. I realise now that I missed the earlier post with the 16 patch blocks,one of my favourites.

Vicki W said...

Oh no, snow! It's time to start thinking about Spring.