Thursday, August 31, 2023

Second finish for August 2023.....and a border...........


It was a lot of fun searching my stash for all of the pastel fabrics in this quilt.  It finished at 48" x 72".

I used Hobbs 80/20 batting, white cotton thread on top, white polyester in the bobbin.









I bought the backing with dragonflies for a different quilt but it leaned a little too much toward lavender for that quilt.  It was perfect for this one.  The color is more accurate in the first photo.

In the early afternoon I mowed the grass in the backyard.  With all of the shade the grass keeps growing back there.  We haven't had rain for 2 weeks so the front yard which is in the sun most of the day didn't get a trim.  No rain predicted here until next Wednesday.


I got the border strips cut and sewn on last night on the I Spy quilt top.  It is 65.5" x 82".













I think it is the perfect choice for the border on this quilt.  I'm glad I had it in my stash.

I will do my monthly recap tomorrow and I also have some garden photos.

13 comments:

Patty said...

The pastel quilt turned out so pretty! That border looks great on the I Spy top. Your stash is amazing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice finishes! the grass needs cutting here too but no rain but some areas just always grow anyway

Julierose said...

I just love how you've set up the "I Spy" squares with the diagonals!! I have a bunch of novelties to set up and hoping to do a similar set up...
The butterfly backing is "just right" for that pretty pastel quilt...
The cold front came in overnight with the "Once in a Blue Moon" [which was really huge--I tried to capture a photo, but it came out all smudgey ]
and it is only 64 this morning with a 57 DP--feels like April with that northerly wind...nice though... hugs, Julierose

Helenchaffin said...

I think this is the first pastel quilt I've seen,it is absolutely beautiful! the I spy quilt border is perfect!

Nann said...

Fun to see the contrast between the two quilts. Did you see the supermoon last night?

JJM said...

A “cloud burst” of pastel color ~ so soft and dreamy to snuggle in this one. Perfect backing and binding.

“I Spy” is a wonderful energizing quilt to see ~ it is just plain fun to see all your novelty prints come alive in this one. I’ve never seen so many pieces in this quilt top that makes me smile.

Two treasures made the ‘finish line’ and indeed fabrics, design , and created specifically for each one. Great job Wanda !

JJM

Anonymous said...

You have such range in your color choices and yet they are all characteristically wonderful. These 2 very different quilts are a perfect example of the many styles you can draw on to make your quilts. Thank you for sharing as always!

Ceci

Barbara Anne said...

Your pastel quilt is delicious and the I Spy is just delightful. The paperclip fabric is a perfect border for it.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

The diamond quilt turned out beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see your moon quilt again. Such a beauty! -Roxanne

Mary said...

The pastel quilt is a beauty...and what a lot of points you had to match!

Kristin said...

Lovely backing for a lovely quilt!

MissPat said...

I like both of these quilts. And I even have the fabrics to make both of them, if I ever find the time. It's been 2 weeks since we've had any measurable rain (less than .2" one night last week) and the temps have been all over the place. It was in the 60's yesterday, but we're forecast for 3 days of over 90 next week, just in time for the kids to go back to school.
Pat