Saturday, August 12, 2023

Hydrangea...........















My Zinfin Doll Hydrangea is in year 3 in my front garden.  The blooms start out white and then start turning pink and this is the week of the turning color.  Eventually they will be a darker rose color. The bush is more than double the size it was when I planted it.  It has the panicle/cone shape flowers compared with the round blooms on my Annabelle Hydrangea.  I'm going to have to move the Hosta now that the bush has grown.

I worked on cleaning off a cutting table yesterday to prepare for basting some colorwash wallhangings.  They will be ditch quilted on my Pfaff.  I am ready to tape down a backing this morning.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love hydrangea's - I've been tempted to get an Oak Leaf Hydrangea but the weather has been so weird the last couple years I'm not sure if I want to bother with planted more only to have it end up be too cold in winters or too hot in summers for new plants. My azaleas are finally now growing good again after we had drastically cut them back in early spring to see if they would come back.

JJM said...

Your Zin Fin Doll is so pretty and for it to keep changing color is an added bonus.

My Lime Light is so full of blossoms right now and more to come and I thought they were late this year. My sister’s (lives next door) has been booming for a month now and mine decided to wait till now. And my bush is over 20 years old and I cut it back every spring and watch it take over the garden every year….

JJM

Julierose said...

such a pretty hydrangea--mine has begun to bloom and is giving me big mop heads tinged with light green on the white petals...
Hope your weekend is a good one...hugs, Julierose

Robin said...

Beautiful blooms, thanks for sharing.

Mystic Quilter said...

What an amazing hydrangea, I have never seen any like this at all, the blooms are not the usual round shape are they?