Friday, August 18, 2023

Garden yesterday...........


Most of the Hosta flowers are kind ho-hum but this is the prettiest one in the back garden.  It is a little past prime because we had rain yesterday morning, .45" for the second time this week.



I only have one Hosta that has fragrant blooms.  They look almost like lilies when they are in full bloom.  This is the first one to set buds.








Finally I have some tomatoes turning color.  These are the Big Boys and I have 5 Early Girls along the driveway that are turning red.

I did a little hand basting and sewed some of the 4 patches with I Spy fabrics yesterday.  I had to take a break from sewing and make 2 batches of cookies for great-grandchildren.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Pretty hosta blooms:)))
We are in the midst of teeming downpourings of rain right now...
68.9 with DP67...DH is checking out the cellar and garage area for any water problems; so far so good. He is off to PT this morning and I am on vacuuming
duty once my back straightens out...So dark out there...raining 2.25" per hour right now...I hope your upcoming weekend will be a good one...
Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

As you might imagine, we don't have many things blooming right now. So, it's a treat to see your pictures.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad your tomatoes are finally ripening. The ones that I have picked in the last two weeks after being out of town off and on have not been good and rotting fast - the weather has been very strange this summer.

Barbara Anne said...

Lovely hostas!

We've been finding disgusting green horn worms on our tomatoes again and there were more than ever last night. Using a black light after dark makes them easy to see and remove.

As our tomatoes ripen, it seem to us either the heat stunted their growth or these 4 plants are not Big Boys as advertised. Hummmmmm.

Hugs!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I planted tomatoes this year too and, unlike last year, I actually have tomatoes. They haven't started ripening yet, but any day now!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wish I could grow Hostas in my garden problem is the slugs and snails just love them. Having missed a week reading blogs I'm just catching up with the I Spy quilt, you have an amazing selection of prints. I love the batik colourwash in your Wednesday post, the colours seem to merge and swirl using the rectangle.

SANDI said...

HEY GUYS, WHEN YOU POST THE WEATHER ETC PLEASE NOTE WHERE YOU LIVE I LIVE IN KENTUCKY ACROSS THE RIVER FROM CINCINNATI WE ARE NOW EXPERENCING THE HORRID HEAT WE HAVE BEEN LUCKY UNTIL NOW.