Friday, August 4, 2023

Little by little..............


It's not that I don't have the time, it's the get up and go that is missing.  The weather people said we would reach 90 yesterday but it was only 70 all morning....then the clouds parted and hot sun and mid 80s.  It was humid like most August days are in cornfield territory.

I measured the backing fabric, cut it and sewed the seam, trimmed the excess width and loaded it on the longarm.  The batting was put on next but isn't sewn into place yet.  The top is laying there so it won't get wrinkled.  Maybe today I'll get the machine threaded and hope for a burst of energy.


This is last night's bounty of Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.  It looks like the right amount for my salad for lunch.  I have 3 red tomatoes on the windowsill and they should be ready to eat by tomorrow.  I still have lots of green tomatoes so I hope the humidity this weekend starts them ripening.

I remembered it was Thursday yesterday and drove to the next town over for the half baked frozen pizzas from my favorite pizza parlor.  They are buy one, get one 50% off on Thursdays.

8 comments:

Donna T. said...

Living in the south, I've heard the saying "My get up and go done got up and went!" It definitely happens, but the grammar is painful! We have had some cooler days lately- hopefully you'll get some too so you can get your "sewjo" back!

Julierose said...

I think you've gotten a lot done just loading the quilt on your longarm.
When it's hot and humid my energy (usually low as it is) goes right down the drain!! At 7 am it was 70 already with a 67 DP--hazy skies once more too...

It's taken me three days to vacuum our house--but it's done!! DH cannot do anything while his hamstring heals...they take a while...
I am resting my back after the last swing through with the vacuum...
Take care and rest if you are tired...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

I know what you mean about heat and humidity- it pulls my energy plug out of the wall. We buy half baked frozen pizzas from a gluten free bakery here- it is the only way my husband can have pizza. They are never on sale. My great backing sew up and organizing stopped when the temps went up.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those half-baked frozen pizzas sound divine - I wish we had a great pizza place here that offered that! (DH bakes our - they're awesome but a lot of work). We are loving our Sun Gold cherry tomatoes, too! (heat index here yesterday was 112 with a real temp of 101 - the heat is sapping everyone's energy and affecting our moods, too)

Nann said...

I was happy to see the photo of your Australian-fabric quilt today since mine is much on my mind (and much on the design wall). The Trib weather question today was about drought. The answer: "Much of northeast Illinois is no longer under a severe drought. The categories for the drought monitor are none (normal/wet), dry, moderate, severe, extreme, and exceptional. Right now most of Cook, Will, Dupage, Kane, Kendall, Grundy, De Kalb, and La Salle Counties are 'dry.' Parts of Lake, McHenry, and Kankakee Counties are under 'moderate.'"

JJM said...

It was so good to see that quilt top laying on the long arm… good choice to get it quilted whether its today or the next or next. Your humid days are just wicked I know.

Tomato’s look delicious and maybe add some to your pizza before baking. I’m gluten free also and our favorite pizza place has GF crusts too. With spicy chicken, black olives and sauerkraut and the cheese (raw milk cheddar) from our local dairy. My favorite combination of ingredients. I love sauerkraut and it really adds flavor.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love the Aussie quilt and that wonderful tomatoes!
I know we got a late start on the tomatoes but all are green and none are getting large enough to rate their Big Boy name. Wonder if someone changed the tags and we have some other type tomatoes?
Wishing you that needed burst of energy!

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Hoe grown tomatoes - delicious. Humidity is the worst thing for quilting in my book, just saps all the energy so I hope the temperature drops a little and you can make a start on the quilting. We hear on our news about the heat in the USA and also Europe, hope we don't have a hot, hot summer coming.