Monday, August 7, 2023

Oh, what fun!.............


What is more fun that looking through stash?  I need to make some decisions on backings so I pulled a few tops that I want to get quilted soon.  You have seen all of these tops before.  I like this pink background with fantasy sea creatures for this one.


I made this pastel top recently  and would like to get it quilted this month.






I have 4 tops made with the Kaffe yarn dyed woven stripes and this one has his shot cottons in it too.  I think this wild Philip Jacobs fabric looks great with it.

Now I have to open the new roll of batting and cut the pieces for these quilts.


I'm continuing my hand stitching on the Australian Hole in the Barn Door/ Churn Dash quilt.  I have 2 sides completed and a few inches on each of the 2 remaining sides.  A couple more days and it will be finished.

 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Great backing choices you've made there.
Raining here this morning--which is a nice change...just a light sprinkle really...good for the poor, dried gardens, Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I love the dragonfly fabric. I also dove into my shash this weekend and came up with a number of surprises.

JJM said...

Great Monday morning ‘kick off for the week. It is “fun”to see what you have selected to go with your tops also. All perfect companions with the tops you’ve decided to take to the finish line. And such a delightful photo of ‘Churn Dash’.

JJM

Nann said...

Yes! It's so gratifying to find that just-the-right fabrics have been in the stash all along.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love seeing all that colorful goodness!!

Barbara Anne said...

What perfect backings you've chosen for each of these quilt tops and how delightful to have the necessary yardage of each fabric!

Hope you have music playing in your quilt room as you cut the batting to size.

Hugs!

Agilejack said...

I love your backings, especially the one for the shots and stripes quilt! So fun and exciting!

Vicki W said...

All of those backing fabrics are perfect!

maryjo.crowell@gmail.com said...

I think what would be better than looking through my stash - would be - looking thru YOUR stash ❣️
It's funny, cause every once in a while I'm upstairs for awhile and my husband gives a shout and says, What are you doing up there ?! I don't think he'd 'Get', looking thru my stash...LOL

Mystic Quilter said...

Great choices with backing fabrics, the older PJ exotic looks so good with the Kaffe woven stripes.