Tuesday, August 15, 2023

I Spy Quilt................


My plan is that every other block will be this 4 patch.  I didn't have enough of either one of the black with neon designs so I used them both.







Then I plan on sewing 4 I Spy squares to fill in between those 4 patches.








I started a mock-up on the design wall so I can see if it will work.  The next thing I will do is choose the groups of 4 of the I Spy squares to make sure I have enough for 40 blocks.  As planned this quilt would be 64" x 80".  These I Spy squares are 4" finished. 

9 comments:

Mary said...

This one is going to be a lot of fun!

JJM said...

I agree what a fun fantasy quilt top to be working on. And what great start you have already have going.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO SO fun -- good design, too.

Sally Trude said...

Excellent solution to use both black fabrics. But just in case, for whatever reason, you also have 1.5 yards of the neon squares black fabric at your Portland OR fabric stash storage facility (PDX FSSF).

Barbara Anne said...

What a joyful, delightful this quilt will be for some little someone! Enjoy playing with these happy fabrics!

Hugs!

Cathy said...

What a great solution to use up blacks and brights, which I have so many chunks of, with miscellaneous brights and I-Spy novelty pieces. Don’t be surprised if an iteration of this great idea emerges from my sewing room during my end-of-the-year finishing frenzy!!

Cathy said...

Oh, I spy a fun and different kind of I Spy quilt! I do love novelty fabrics.

Anonymous said...

That is an interesting way to put together an I spy

Patty said...

Oops I must have pushed the wrong button because I was saying about the I spy quilt how interesting using the black and white blocks as kind of the structure that makes it look cohesive with the different novelty prints. I’m liking it!