Thursday, August 3, 2023

Planning ahead............












Early yesterday morning I noticed a butterfly flitting from coneflower to coneflower  I grabbed my camera and set it for super zoom and asked him to please open his wings and pose for me.  I think he heard me.

I did some planning yesterday, which tops will be quilted next.  In April I made a couple tops with Australian fabrics and one of them is next in line.  I have the batting already cut, just need to sew the seam in the backing.  After that I think one of the tops I made last November with Kaffe stripes and shot cottons will be next.  I have some of the ikat yarn dyed wovens to use for the back of it so the quilt will be really lightweight.  It is supposed to be hot and humid today so I will turn on the A/C and sew.

I mowed the back yard and part of the front yard yesterday afternoon and paid someone to finish it.  It was just too humid for me.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is very humid and hot here - our grass is getting long and we really need to cut it but neither of us have felt like it when it is in the high 90's - because of the humid that grass has been wet in the morning and I don't like to cut it wet. We will get to it eventually.

Julierose said...

Good idea to hire someone to finish your lawn mowing in this humidity!!
I am hoping to take it easier today as I am tired out after this past week and one half...
0 right now at 8:45 with DP67--going up day by day they say...
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

How nice of the swallowtail to pause for a photo!

Out to mow today.

JJM said...

Your photo is lovely and reflects a warm summer day… I think your butterfly is a swallow tail ~ although the touch of blue on its wings is different than ours here in the mountains. I did ‘Google’ it and some do have that touch of blue.

It’s been such a hot summer for most the nation this year. With news it’s going to cool down this weekend. I do feel a bit of autumn in the early morning hours though.

Nice plan to quilt some tops just waiting for you to quilt.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Lovely coneflowers and butterfly!

How fortunate you are to have a backlog of wonderful quilt tops to choose from for quilting next.

Our temperatures have cooled to the 80s*F and the humidity is much lower. Last week was horrible.

Hugs!

Helen Howes said...

I got to say hello to Kaffe today, he's looking a bit tired but still interested. Be aware that the ikat dyed wovems run and shrink, you may want to be a bit hot-washing..