Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Hand stitching done...................


As usual, the last hand stitch went in at 10:30 p.m. so no full photo to be taken until today.  I knew I had to clean off the threads from the last quilt top on the design walls before I put up a finished quilt so it was too late to start that last night.

Today I have to cut the border for the I spy quilt and sew it on.  What would I rather be doing?


I would rather be designing a colorwash, also called watercolor by many people.  This photo shows all of the different kinds of fabrics I have used, clockwise from top center: batik, floral prints, Kaffe Fassett fabric, a mini batik and African fabrics with the center one being Liberty Lawn fabrics.  I need to cut some batik rectangles for the next one so I may indulge in that pleasure the first of next month.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Great that you've finished binding...I need to cut sqs for snowballing my leftover Christmas charms...I found them lurking in a corner during yesterday's continuing organizing...Foggy this morning with still early morning high temps=
69.4 with 67 dewpoint...very gray out there...
hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

Such a joy to view your color wash quilts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many pretty colorwashes

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your newly finished quilt is really, really pretty (I love the folded photo)! Enjoy looking forward to designing your next colorwash quilt.

JJM said...

I can see what a nice neat and tidy job you did on your binding. So pretty all folded up so precise to see all the edges in photo.

And love, love, love your Colorwashes… every one so different and yet a colorwash.

Enlarged both photos and that shows me all the details and so much more.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in getting the pink binding stitched on and finished! Do you put a label on your finished quilts or wait to see where they're going?

Love your many varied colorwash quilts!

Hugs!

MaryJo said...

pastel diamonds is sooo sweet ! binding is perfect !
thanks for bringing some color into my day...
I'm packing for a trip to visit my 'bonus' granddaughter who is almost 3.
She's in KY and we're in CT.

Thanks for sharing your day...