Monday, August 21, 2023

Final layout for I Spy............


The only thing I had to decide was where the red/orange/hot pink I Spy prints would be.  I could have just sewn this together without a layout ahead of time but I didn't want those colors clumped together in one area.





Good news!  My tomatoes are finally turning red.  There are about 5 more that probably can be picked today.

Yesterday got up to 90 with a feel like temperature of 103 at 2 p.m. yesterday.  Today is supposed to be a few degrees cooler but still high humidity and then back to mid to high 90s for 3 days.  I will have to water the tomato plants that are in pots every day.  Next Sunday's predicted high is 72 so we can see some relief ahead.


I planted the Marigold seeds late so I'm only getting a few blooms.  I hope they fill out before the summer is over.






The Nasturtiums have a couple blooms each day.  I thought they would have more but I planted those seeds late too.

 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

I like how you've sprinkled the red/orange/hot pink sqs throughout--really lovely pops of color that way...looking really good!
66 here this morning with a 64 DP --skies clouded up--and our windows are all fogged up.
Hope to get MSG trimmed this morning and get binding chosen...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I planted nasturtium seeds late also and they didn't do well, I barely saw any flowers on them and they are drying up now of course along with everything else

sue s said...

I really like your layout with alternate whites and blacks. I'll have to remember that for my next I Spy.

JJM said...

You did it again ~ “I Spy” has the WOW fun factor ~ so many novelty fabrics to see. Just love it ❣️

The red/orange from tomatoes and Nasturtiums just glow brightly from my iPad screen, such a pretty red/orange.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yup - the heat (98), humidity, and heat index (107) are climbing here again, too. Sigh. Glad you have ripe tomatoes. Ours have produced well but are wearing out with the heat. We'll try again next year.

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful color distribution over all of the I Spy top! Well done and so very cute. :)

Out tomatoes are slowly ripening but still are no where near as large as they should be IF they were really Big Boys. Hummmm! They still taste good.

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like the two different fabric diagonals in this I Spy setting, really has the eyes moving around. I'm longing for Summer when we can - hopefully - be treated to fresh home grown tomatoes.I can see you have different colours in your Nasturtium blooms, I love all the different colours these plants produce.

Patty said...

Yes spreading around those hot colors was good thinking. My marigolds are out of control! Some of them are four feet high! I don’t know why they are so crazy this year.

Vicki W said...

The I Spy is so cute!