Saturday, August 5, 2023

Quilted and trimmed...........


The basement was cool so I quilted this Australian churn dash quilt.  I had several thread shreddings, changed the needle midstream, re-adjusted the position of the needle three times and finally changed the thread to a different type in the same color.  Finally it was finished.


I used my channel locks for straight line quilting.







This is one of my favorite blocks.








I used a large print Australian fabric on the back.  I have enough of it left to do some fussy cutting for another quilt.

I chose a binding fabric last night and will look at it again today to confirm it.  I have a lot of variety of Australian fabric but most pieces are a half yard or less so there were only a few to choose between for the binding.

8 comments:

Nann said...

I very much like the way the block shows off large motifs. The one you say is your favorite is one of mine, too!

Julierose said...

This came out so beautifully--nice work getting it all quilted...I also like how this pattern showcases these colorful prints.
So much for the cold front!!:((( It's 77.9 and 70 DP right now at 10 am...
either it is slow like a snail or didn't come through here at all!!
S I G H another hot one...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

It sounds like, this was quite a time consuming job compared to other tops you have quilted. With all the issues of getting this channel quilting complete, it finished beautifully… Your patience paid off big time….. backing is so perfect.

JJM

Agile Jack said...

I LOVE seeing close up photos of these blocks. So gorgeous! And that backing fabric is soooo good! Lovely quilt Wanda!

Barbara Anne said...

What a glorious quilt and well done in getting it machine quilted so quickly! I, too, love the close-up photos of the blocks. Wishing you well in finding the perfect binding fabric or fabrics.

How lucky you are to have a cool basement!

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

The fabrics as usual are the stars in this one, but your straight line quilting is so perfect (from here, at least!) that it makes a great co-star! It is a really pretty quilt. Again.

Patty said...

Love it! I have some of those same prints. I made some project bags with those prints. Haven’t made a quilt using them yet. So do you think it was the thread causing the problem? I’m glad you were able to solve the quilting issue and get it quilted.

Vicki W said...

Wow, that was fast!