Saturday, August 19, 2023

22 out of 63................


All of these blocks need pressing so this isn't a final layout start.  I just keep putting them up on the wall to clear space on my sewing cabinet.  I changed my mind on this quilt and the new size will be 56" x 72".  I may put a border on it.  I'm a third of the way through sewing the blocks.


I showed this tiny yellow plant before.  It came up earlier in the summer and something came along and had it for lunch.  It was stubborn and sent up some new leaves and a teeny tiny bloom.  I'm beginning to think it is a miniature Coneflower instead of a full size one.


But wait, there is another bud.  I just hope it doesn't look like lunch to any critter again.  I would like to see it make it all the way to dried seeds in its center.



It's going to turn hot and humid so I mowed the back yard and side yard plus 3 paths of the front yard after 7 last night.  The humidity is supposed to start rising this afternoon so the plan is to mow the rest this morning.  I also dug up some Lungwort for a friend yesterday afternoon and planted 5 pots of it.  I pulled lots of weeds and dug out one small Redbud tree.  It was a beautiful low humidity day. 

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I took a photo of the plant with my plant ap and it says it is a Purple Coneflower. I like how you can use the plant ap even by taking a photo on the screen.

Mary said...

Do done flowers begin yellow and change to purple? Love the I Spy quilt.

Pandy said...

I really like the setting on your eye spy quilt. The light multicolored fabric is especially effective with the eye spy fabrics. You have made me want to pull fabrics for a similar quilt. :-)

Nann said...

I can't make the math work. What size are the squares and what width the border?

JJM said...

I really like your Novelty quilt top ~ you have such fun fantasy fabrics that makes me smile just looking at what you have created so far... It’s not just for baby its for everyone.

JJM

Julierose said...

You are moving right along with your blocks--;)))
Lovely baby coneflower--so pretty.
Finally--a low humidity, gorgeous, sunny day here; we are doing some sloth-stye
sitting and cloud watching while we can. 75 with 63 DP--aaah hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Love the growing 4 patch Eye Spy quilt! Well done in making so many more 4 patches so quickly, too.

Wonder if putting a large sieve over the baby cone flower would protect it?

High humidity is awful.

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Glad you've had a little break from the heat and humidity. We had a cool morning (73!), but now we're back in the blast furnace. I am SO ready for Autumnal weather!

Patty said...

The I Spy top is coming along nicely! What a cute tiny coneflower!