Monday, August 14, 2023

Little bits of progress..........

It was mostly a rest and recharge day yesterday.  I started out by sewing a long seam in a backing.  Now I have 2 that need pressing and one will get loaded on the longarm.

I sewed the last little pile of 4" 16 patches, my mindless sewing.



Knitting is always relaxing.  I love the color of this yarn so I got the super size skein.

I cut down the Tree of Heaven for the second time this summer.  I have put week killer on it but it continues to send up shoots.  I pulled a few weeds while I was out there too and filled the bird feeders.  Rain predicted today so I like the feeders full ahead of time.
 

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Knitting is not relaxing for me as I am the world's slowest knitter. I have just about given away all my knitting stuff. Your washcloth is gorgeous. Today will be sunny, but tomorrow is a rain out. Just about done putting away all the vacation stuff.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was knitting a little bit yesterday too it is relaxing but I'm not good at it.

Julierose said...

Love that variegated yellow yarn color!! So cheerful;)))
I wish I could knit again, but at least I can do a bit of crocheting...
saving my afghan for cooler weather work...
70 here and overcast...DP 67--so a bit on the muggy side--we went for an early morning walk and the gnats and flies were terrible!! I hate to use bug spray but will have to I think...
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

"Last little pile"....LOL. If these are 4" blocks I have idea that you'll have more in the works soon. But now I'm intrigued to see what the backings will go on the back of....Rainy day today!

Barbara Anne said...

What eye candy those tiny 16 patches are!
Is that variegated yarn delicious or what?

We're likely to have rain tomorrow. Hope so.

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh it's such a long time since I was knitting, I think I may hunt out a couple of patterns and have something ready for our great grand-daughter when she arrives!!

Anne Kirby said...

Some motor oil, used or new, on the stump should kill that weed tree.